WillR

Default Muskoka Wood Show August 19 to 21 Bracebridge Ont.

Muskoka Wood Show August 19 to 21 Bracebridge Ont.

http://www.muskoka.com/lions/events.html

If you do go -- there are some igloos and tents still available.
http://accommodations.traveltomuskoka.com/

On this page you can see a picture of the hydro-electric generating=20
station adjacent to the local business district. During the Great August =

Blackout, it had the only electric bulb (powered by 120VAC) operating=20
for many miles around.

http://www.bracebridgechamber.com/

We arrived early Friday looking for a quiet dinner and a relaxing=20
evening in the hot tub.... However things did not work out that way.

We managed to get an ice cream cone at one of the local emporiums before =

the inevitable melt-down. ..And for supper we cooked on the Coleman=20
stove -- which I had insisted we bring so we could have a picnic on the=20
trip. We were one of the few hotel guests that had bacon and eggs the=20
next morning -- we set up at the river park and cooked our own breakfast.=

The wood show did go on -- on generator power -- till they got the local =

power restored the next morning.

Now -- if all of you guys will ease back on your power consumption this=20
weekend -- perhaps I can enjoy the show and some local sight seeing=20
without the blackout.

See you there.

--=20
Will R.
Jewel Boxes and Wood Art
http://woodwork.pmccl.com
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those=20
who have not got it.=94 George Bernard Shaw
George

"WillR" wrote in message
.. .

Muskoka Wood Show August 19 to 21 Bracebridge Ont.

http://www.muskoka.com/lions/events.html

If you do go -- there are some igloos and tents still available.
http://accommodations.traveltomuskoka.com/

Igloos? You southern folks do have a sense of humor, don't you?

Since I dropped my cash at Finnfest last weekend, I'll have miss this one.

Thanks for the invite, though.

WillR

George wrote:
"WillR" wrote in message=20
.. .
=20
Muskoka Wood Show August 19 to 21 Bracebridge Ont.
=20
http://www.muskoka.com/lions/events.html
=20
If you do go -- there are some igloos and tents still available.
http://accommodations.traveltomuskoka.com/
=20
=20
Igloos? You southern folks do have a sense of humor, don't you?
=20
Since I dropped my cash at Finnfest last weekend, I'll have miss this o=

ne.
=20
Thanks for the invite, though.=20
=20
=20

Ahhh.... Another doubter. I will have you know that we Kanuckistanis=20
take this issue very seriously.

http://www.santasvillage.ca/

In Bracebridge of course...

There is a portal to the North Pole in Bracebridge -- however, only the=20
pure of heart and mind (and loyal Canadians) are allowed to enter.=20
Children are exempt from any testing of course...

"How can the far north and the south exist simultaneously" you ask? Well =

another example of Canada being in the forefront of transportation=20
technology -- just like the Avro Arrow...

Be Cool!

--=20
Will R.
Jewel Boxes and Wood Art
http://woodwork.pmccl.com
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those=20
who have not got it.=94 George Bernard Shaw
EXT

Hope it is a larger show than the one I visited in Bracebridge a few years
ago, I think I went through it in less than 10 minutes.

.. .

--
Will R.
Jewel Boxes and Wood Art
http://woodwork.pmccl.com
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those
who have not got it.” George Bernard Shaw

WillR

EXT wrote:
Hope it is a larger show than the one I visited in Bracebridge a few ye=

ars
ago, I think I went through it in less than 10 minutes.

It takes at _least_ 30 minutes if you look at everything. :-)

It is still a small show. That's why we either go to buy -- or group=20
another activity in there. A couple of year ago our lustful thoughts of=20
buying things caused the blackout -- I'm sure.

The dealers are ready to sell at small shows -- 75% of my large=20
purchases have been at the Muskoka show...

Bandsaw, planer, carving tools, drum sander etc

Sudbury (Woodshow North) is small too -- but we have bought stuff there =

as well -- visit the big nickel and all.

"WillR" wrote in message
.. .
=20
[...]

George

"WillR" wrote in message

Ahhh.... Another doubter. I will have you know that we Kanuckistanis
take this issue very seriously.

http://www.santasvillage.ca/

In Bracebridge of course...

We don't take _anything_ seriously.

http://www.dayoopers.com/

Only about sixty-five miles to Christmas ... Michigan, that is.