WillR

Default Muskoka Wood Show August 19 to 21 Bracebridge Ont.

Muskoka Wood Show August 19 to 21 Bracebridge Ont.

http://www.muskoka.com/lions/events.html

If you do go -- there are some igloos and tents still available.
http://accommodations.traveltomuskoka.com/

On this page you can see a picture of the hydro-electric generating=20
station adjacent to the local business district. During the Great August =

Blackout, it had the only electric bulb (powered by 120VAC) operating=20
for many miles around.

http://www.bracebridgechamber.com/

We arrived early Friday looking for a quiet dinner and a relaxing=20
evening in the hot tub.... However things did not work out that way.

We managed to get an ice cream cone at one of the local emporiums before =

the inevitable melt-down. ..And for supper we cooked on the Coleman=20
stove -- which I had insisted we bring so we could have a picnic on the=20
trip. We were one of the few hotel guests that had bacon and eggs the=20
next morning -- we set up at the river park and cooked our own breakfast.=

The wood show did go on -- on generator power -- till they got the local =

power restored the next morning.

Now -- if all of you guys will ease back on your power consumption this=20
weekend -- perhaps I can enjoy the show and some local sight seeing=20
without the blackout.

See you there.

--=20
Will R.
Jewel Boxes and Wood Art
http://woodwork.pmccl.com
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those=20
who have not got it.=94 George Bernard Shaw