EXT

Hope it is a larger show than the one I visited in Bracebridge a few years
ago, I think I went through it in less than 10 minutes.

"WillR" wrote in message
.. .

Muskoka Wood Show August 19 to 21 Bracebridge Ont.

http://www.muskoka.com/lions/events.html

If you do go -- there are some igloos and tents still available.
http://accommodations.traveltomuskoka.com/

On this page you can see a picture of the hydro-electric generating
station adjacent to the local business district. During the Great August
Blackout, it had the only electric bulb (powered by 120VAC) operating
for many miles around.

http://www.bracebridgechamber.com/

We arrived early Friday looking for a quiet dinner and a relaxing
evening in the hot tub.... However things did not work out that way.

We managed to get an ice cream cone at one of the local emporiums before
the inevitable melt-down. ..And for supper we cooked on the Coleman
stove -- which I had insisted we bring so we could have a picnic on the
trip. We were one of the few hotel guests that had bacon and eggs the
next morning -- we set up at the river park and cooked our own breakfast.

The wood show did go on -- on generator power -- till they got the local
power restored the next morning.

Now -- if all of you guys will ease back on your power consumption this
weekend -- perhaps I can enjoy the show and some local sight seeing
without the blackout.

See you there.

--
Will R.