biffer

Default Turning dvd/video

Anyone know where to download The Woodturning video - "Turnaround by Jimmy Clewes"

Dave in Fairfax

biffer wrote:
Anyone know where to download The Woodturning video - "Turnaround by Jimmy Clewes"

Here you go, you choose the place.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...oogle+S earch

That's assuming that you want to pay for it. If you don't, look
somewhere else.

Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work
Owen Davies

Dave in Fairfax wrote:

Here you go, you choose the place.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...oogle+S earch

What is an "exotic oyster box?" Do exotic oysters require a different
kind of box than common ones? For that matter, what is an oyster box?

Owen Davies
Dave in Fairfax

Owen Davies wrote:
What is an "exotic oyster box?" Do exotic oysters require a different
kind of box than common ones? For that matter, what is an oyster box?

Darned if I know. I just work here Boss. The guy was, as far as
I could tell, looking to get a ripped off version of the DVD.
Rather than come on as a person who is disgusted by thieves and
get *that* thread going again, I just did a basic Google and
posted the URL. I figure that either he's too lame/lazy to do his
own search or he really is a thief and won't be interested in the
Google. If he replies, we'll know what he is.

Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work
use:
daveldr at att dot net
American Association of Woodturners
http://www.woodturner.org
Capital Area Woodturners
http://www.capwoodturners.org/
PATINA
http://www.Patinatools.org/
Lobby Dosser

Owen Davies wrote:

Dave in Fairfax wrote:

Here you go, you choose the place.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...rnaround+by+Ji
mmy+Clewes%22&btnG=Google+Search

What is an "exotic oyster box?" Do exotic oysters require a different
kind of box than common ones? For that matter, what is an oyster box?

Could be a box with inlay oysters. Take a branch, slice at an angle and
you get 'oysters'. Here's some examples:

http://www.webbsfurniture.co.uk/furniture/closeups/closeup.htm

I've got a whole buncho branches waiting to become oysters.

Haven't figured out how to do barnacles yet.

LD

Owen Davies

Harry B. Pye

Anyone know where to download The Woodturning video
- "Turnaround by Jimmy Clewes"

I got mine from Craft Supplies in Provo, Utah for $34.99 plus shipping. Why
would you want to steal one?

Owen Davies

Lobby Dosser wrote:

Could be a box with inlay oysters. Take a branch, slice at an angle and
you get 'oysters'. Here's some examples:

Could be, I guess.

Nice work. I particularly liked the laburnum sample.

Owen
Patriarch

"Harry B. Pye" wrote in
roups.com:

Anyone know where to download The Woodturning video
- "Turnaround by Jimmy Clewes"

I got mine from Craft Supplies in Provo, Utah for $34.99 plus
shipping. Why would you want to steal one?

He didn't SAY that he wanted to steal one. That was an assumption, which
may or may not be valid.

Some products are available for paid, electronic delivery, with digital
rights management, and at a lower license cost. I bought three books
recently in such a form, through Amazon. $18, and I had them right away.
In traditional printed form, the bill would have been closer to $60, and
would have taken at least two or three days.

One day, this Internet thing is going to have an effect on the way we do
things. ;-)

Patriarch
Jonathon

Neither Jimmy nor Avanticom, the DVD manufacturer / distributor, has
made this [legally] available in an online format - in the UK at least.

Dave in Fairfax

Jonathon wrote:
Neither Jimmy nor Avanticom, the DVD manufacturer / distributor, has
made this [legally] available in an online format - in the UK at least.

Hello again Jonathon. Glad to see that you're still poppping in.
That is what I suspected, and though I gave him the benefit of a
doubt by publishing the URl where he could get the video legally,
I see that he is back asking again for a d/l site. This makes me
fairly certain that he, in fact, wants to steal a copy.

Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work
use:
daveldr at att dot net
American Association of Woodturners
http://www.woodturner.org
Capital Area Woodturners
http://www.capwoodturners.org/
PATINA
http://www.Patinatools.org/

Crewood

Hello All,

This is an oyster box, the small silver object on this is a honey bee.

http://www.creative-woodturning.com/CLAM%20BOX%202.jpg

Regards....Mike Swain RPT

Owen Davies

Crewood wrote:
Hello All,

This is an oyster box, the small silver object on this is a honey bee.

Many thanks. This is the first time I have seen one. Suddenly, it's
clear where the name originates.

Owen Davies
Jonathon

Hi there Dave. I relegated myself to the status of "lurker" here - a
regular reader but to all intents and purposes, no other involvement of
note / interest.

That he yet again seeks a download site would seem to confirm your
sentiment - and I will pass this flattering interest onto Jimmy when
next we speak.

Whilst I am no turner myself and have NO financial interest in the item
[DVD], it does seem to have been well received and that, sadly, leads
people to want it but on unrecognised trade terms!

Dave in Fairfax

Jonathon wrote:
Hi there Dave. I relegated myself to the status of "lurker" here - a
regular reader but to all intents and purposes, no other involvement of
note / interest.

That he yet again seeks a download site would seem to confirm your
sentiment - and I will pass this flattering interest onto Jimmy when
next we speak.

Whilst I am no turner myself and have NO financial interest in the item
[DVD], it does seem to have been well received and that, sadly, leads
people to want it but on unrecognised trade terms!

It's good that you hadn't left entirely after that last little bit
of nastiness a while ago. I'm sure you've noticed the problems
we've recently had with copyright issues, both here and on
rec.woodworking. An odd compliment, indeed.

Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work
use:
daveldr at att dot net
American Association of Woodturners
http://www.woodturner.org
Capital Area Woodturners
http://www.capwoodturners.org/
PATINA
http://www.Patinatools.org/
Jonathon

"Biffers'" other post across the NGs sought a software crack - your
initial assessment looks to have been correct.

Copyright seems to be both a huge and grey issue - I follow a
photography board (lurk mode only) and it seems to be an area that
causes real problems.

Thanks foryour kind comment - I will no longer post regarding the
collection / website on account of this and to avoid any futher
unnecessary threads on the board.

Jonathon

Dave in Fairfax

Jonathon wrote:
snip
Thanks foryour kind comment - I will no longer post regarding the
collection / website on account of this and to avoid any futher
unnecessary threads on the board.

Thay is truly unfortunate for a variety of reasons. The
collection is *very* impressive and one that, I suspect, the
majority of the newer people on the NG know nothing about. I can
certainly understand your desire to avoid the unrestrained
flaming, though.

Take care,
Dave in Fairfax