Clark Crouch

Default Pattern for Mini Flute

Several years ago a national woodworking magazine featured an article on
how to turn a small flute (perhaps they called it a whistle). Although it
was only about four inches long and had only four holes, the instrument
could play a bit more than a full octave. I've lost my copy of the
magazine. Any reference to the article would be greatly appreciated.
George

"Clark Crouch" wrote in message
.. .
Several years ago a national woodworking magazine featured an article on
how to turn a small flute (perhaps they called it a whistle). Although it
was only about four inches long and had only four holes, the instrument
could play a bit more than a full octave. I've lost my copy of the
magazine. Any reference to the article would be greatly appreciated.

Or perhaps a recorder?

Chiff and Fipple would be where I'd start.

http://www.geocities.com/dwisely/bloodyhand.htm

Also Mark's page

http://www.markshep.com/flute/index.html

Doc Font

In article ,
Clark Crouch wrote:

Several years ago a national woodworking magazine featured an article on
how to turn a small flute (perhaps they called it a whistle). Although it
was only about four inches long and had only four holes, the instrument
could play a bit more than a full octave. I've lost my copy of the
magazine. Any reference to the article would be greatly appreciated.

Sounds like some form of ocarina;

http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/...s/whistle.html
Bruce Bowler

Google might be your friend...

MD26. Practical Woodworking May 1995 Vol 30 No 3
Corner cupboard,- Hall table classical design,- turning a flute,- Bowls
from small pieces of timber,- Clock making Vienna regulator in
Beidermeier period,- Carving a big horn ram,- Toy tough truck,-
Mistakes in polishing

On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 12:47:10 -0700, Clark
Crouch put fingers to keyboard and said:

Several years ago a national woodworking magazine featured an article on
how to turn a small flute (perhaps they called it a whistle). Although it
was only about four inches long and had only four holes, the instrument
could play a bit more than a full octave. I've lost my copy of the
magazine. Any reference to the article would be greatly appreciated.Goog

--
Bruce Bowler | If fifty million people say a foolish thing, it is