Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
mich

Default Water mains leak?

I think , I do not know , its just a think , that I may have a leak in my
mains coming into my house. This think is based on a number of issues with a
dripping tap in the kitchen CW ( refitting washers and still taps drip a
couple of days later) and the fact that when I flushed the tap pipe I have
got gravel out on two occasions now, despite cleaning the tap system. Fixed
stop cock washer but still dripping ( again). There is a peculiar hiss (
only audible in the bathroom when the windows are open unfortunately).

So, really I dont know if I have a leak or not!
Anyone know how I can find out without digging up a 300 long x 20 wide (
yards) driveway ( best guess as to where the pipe in runs somewhere right
through the middle). There is no sign anywhere of water leaking as such.

Also have been told water board may be able to locate the leak if it exists
but does anyone know how much they are likely to charge me?

In general , anyone been here and had this problem?

combi vs conventional Colin eclipse 2 UK diy 243 December 25th 05 07:41 PM
Leak in hot water tank Johnny UK diy 9 April 9th 04 07:28 PM
Contemplating unvented Indirect hot water upgrade vortex2 UK diy 21 December 3rd 03 11:51 PM
Additional instantaneous hot water units connected to combi boilers Vince UK diy 1 November 7th 03 10:15 AM
Mains water pressure issues. Peter UK diy 8 September 20th 03 02:10 PM