IMM

Default Lidl tools

"Paul Herber" wrote in message
ell.net...
On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 00:24:56 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

Toyota engines can't blow when the belt fails.

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Maybe some older engines. The newer ones can't blow.

Nick Brooks

Dave wrote:

Anyway, I've got a cheap laser level,

if you know what you are doing, you can get a straight line from
them.

What other sort of line can you get from a laser apart from straight?
(OK I know it's not REALLY straight as it'll be curved by the earth's
gravitational field but for most DIY purposes it can be regarded as
straight)

NB
Lurch

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 09:44:16 +0100, Nick Brooks
strung together this:

What other sort of line can you get from a laser apart from straight?

I think 'straight' has been inadvertantly used in the last few posts
as opposed to 'level'.
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd
Alex

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
RichardS noaccess@invalid wrote:
I never made any points about
Japanese cars being more enjoyable to
drive.

But they are.

Last time you mentioned the car you drove, it was a Volvo estate. The
case rests.

Oi! Don't knock Volvo estates - we love our V40!

I'm not. They're very useful vehicles. Just not quite the one you'd choose
for a thrash early on a sunny Sunday if you'd an M3 in the garage...

Having said that, my Prelude is hell of a lot better car to drive (4
wheel steer is a thing to experience) but it's just so damned
impractical and expensive to service. And insure. It's just got to
go...

But an engine that will take any sort of abuse.;-)

--
*Never slap a man who's chewing tobacco *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Try out an S60R, 300bhp stock, 350+bhp with ECU upgrade (£800), you'll still
be left with a lot of cash in the bank compared to a E46 M3, and a car that
can do a lot more than go quickly round a track.

Whilst the M3 is a wonderful car to drive in anger, it's an absolute pain in
the ass to drive around town, and uncomfortable on long journeys.

End unprovoked rant!

Alex

StealthUK

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message ...
In article ,
StealthUK wrote:
Right, So you're the mouthpiece of the public, then? A relation of IMM,
perhaps? ;-)

No, it's called having an opinion.

But you said it was public opinion, not just yours. Or was that just
another opinion?

No, It was my opinion about public opinion. It's very simple.

I presume you back up everyone one
of your opinions with surveys and the rest of it on NGs?

I hope I'd be careful not to make such sweeping statements.

Get BMW to sue me.

but that doesn't mean that
the public perception of reliability corresponds with their survey.

Again, you appear to be speaking for 'the public'. It's a worrying trait...

Where am I speaking for the public in that statement? I've simply said
that the JD power survey results do not necessarily represent the
public perception of reliability.

In a poll, 41% of Americans believed WMD had been found in Iraq, what
does that tell you?

It tells me you're trying to introduce red herrings. 4% is a tiny
proportion.

Read again, 41%...Fourty-one percent, not 4%.

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
StealthUK wrote:
In a poll, 41% of Americans believed WMD had been found in Iraq, what
does that tell you?

It tells me you're trying to introduce red herrings. 4% is a tiny
proportion.

Read again, 41%...Fourty-one percent, not 4%.

Apologies for misreading this.

However, you expect me to accept a presumably properly conducted public
opinion poll, but disregard the JD type surveys as not being
representative?

--
*A journey of a thousand sites begins with a single click *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Owain

"Nick Brooks" wrote
| What other sort of line can you get from a laser apart from
| straight? (OK I know it's not REALLY straight as it'll be
| curved by the earth's gravitational field but for most DIY
| purposes it can be regarded as straight)

Great, I'm blaming my last wonky shelves on the earth's gravitational field.
There's a great big lump of rock behind the house which must have pulled my
perpendiculars out.

Thanks for the new excuse. I'll add it to the ******* DIYer From Hell
'excuse of the day' calendar.

Owain