Paul Mc Cann

Default Lidl tools

In article ,
says...
From: Paul Mc Cann:

Availability of spares and service would come high on my list. Try
getting a widget for you McCulloch.

Since a new cheap tool is generally cheaper than the repacement widget

No.

How have you established this as a fact. The last (only) time I had to
take back a Makita cordless screwdrive because the chuck had jammed the
repair cost me nada, zilch, nuttin.

this is a non issue. In fact it is an advatntage for the cheaper tool:
no waiting around for it to get repaired, no drive to the repair
place, no hassle over the guarantee.

PJ wrote:

snip

So I assume you buy a quantity of each tool so you don't have to drive
to the shop to buy a new one each time one fails ?

The beauty of a good tool is that it seldom if ever needs repair, it
will last a long time, eliminating all those trips back to buy a new
one, and if it does fail perhaps through an accident replacement parts
can be obtained to prolong its life.

Its true that a bad workman blames his tools but a good workman just
doesn't tolerate sub standard equipment.

But whatever turns YOU on.YMMV.

Paul Mc Cann