Shugal

Default Immersion heater problems - cost or replacement

Hi All,

Last week the element in my immersion heater stopped working. The
light was on at the wall but the water was not heating up in the tank
and there was a different noise to usual coming from the element.
After doing a bit of research I attempted to remove the element using
an immersion element spanner, a couple of taps with a hammer, a
heatgun and a lot of wishful thinking but to no avail. The tank now
appears to be weeping very slightly around the element (where there is
a bend in the copper rather than around the actual hole). A plumber
has been to see it today and also attempted to remove the element but
can't and has given me a quote for fitting a new tank altogether at
£575. From what I have seen in other posts, this seems rather
expensive. Can anyone give me an idea of what I should be paying for
this? The tank is a combination one with a cold water section at the
top (it is made by Fortic if that helps). Are these tanks a lot more
expensive than standard immersion heaters?

Thanks
Christian McArdle

From what I have seen in other posts, this seems rather expensive.
Can anyone give me an idea of what I should be paying for this?

Is it electric only, or does it get heated from the central heating?

Christian.

Shugal

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message . net...
From what I have seen in other posts, this seems rather expensive.
Can anyone give me an idea of what I should be paying for this?

Is it electric only, or does it get heated from the central heating?

Christian.

It is electric only.