DK

Default Immersion heater element

Can anyone tell me the average rate for a bath-sized immersion
heater element in the London area?

The last one I fitted (7 years ago) cost about £11 but when I phoned the
local plumbers merchant they wanted £35 and £7 for a spanner! Surely they
haven't gone up three-fold in 7 years?

Hurry please, I need a bath :-)

Dave Plowman

In article ,
DK wrote:
Can anyone tell me the average rate for a bath-sized immersion heater
element in the London area?

The last one I fitted (7 years ago) cost about £11 but when I phoned the
local plumbers merchant they wanted £35 and £7 for a spanner! Surely
they haven't gone up three-fold in 7 years?

Hurry please, I need a bath :-)

Some merchants quote 'retail' over the phone.

If it's a bog standard 36" immersion, TLC do them for around 8 quid + vat.

An anti-corrosive one is about 20 quid + vat

A dual heat 36 can cost 50.

--
*If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn
Roger Mills

DK wrote in message
Can anyone tell me the average rate for a bath-sized immersion
heater element in the London area?

The last one I fitted (7 years ago) cost about £11 but when I phoned the
local plumbers merchant they wanted £35 and £7 for a spanner! Surely they
haven't gone up three-fold in 7 years?

Hurry please, I need a bath :-)

Don't know about London prices, but Screwfix sell them for under £8. [If
that's *all* you buy, you'll have pay £5.95 carriage on top of the item
price (free on orders over £45)].

Alternatively, find your nearest Plumb Center
http://www.plumbcenter.co.uk/plumb/default.html
where you should be able to get one for about £13 + VAT.

Roger