DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Immersion heater element (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/117-immersion-heater-element.html)

DK July 5th 03 07:00 PM

Immersion heater element

Can anyone tell me the average rate for a bath-sized immersion
heater element in the London area?

The last one I fitted (7 years ago) cost about £11 but when I phoned the
local plumbers merchant they wanted £35 and £7 for a spanner! Surely they
haven't gone up three-fold in 7 years?

Hurry please, I need a bath :-)

Dave Plowman July 5th 03 08:14 PM

Immersion heater element

In article ,
DK wrote:
Can anyone tell me the average rate for a bath-sized immersion heater
element in the London area?

The last one I fitted (7 years ago) cost about £11 but when I phoned the
local plumbers merchant they wanted £35 and £7 for a spanner! Surely
they haven't gone up three-fold in 7 years?

Hurry please, I need a bath :-)

Some merchants quote 'retail' over the phone.

If it's a bog standard 36" immersion, TLC do them for around 8 quid + vat.

An anti-corrosive one is about 20 quid + vat

A dual heat 36 can cost 50.

--
*If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn

Roger Mills July 5th 03 08:27 PM

Immersion heater element

DK wrote in message
Can anyone tell me the average rate for a bath-sized immersion
heater element in the London area?

The last one I fitted (7 years ago) cost about £11 but when I phoned the
local plumbers merchant they wanted £35 and £7 for a spanner! Surely they
haven't gone up three-fold in 7 years?

Hurry please, I need a bath :-)

Don't know about London prices, but Screwfix sell them for under £8. [If
that's *all* you buy, you'll have pay £5.95 carriage on top of the item
price (free on orders over £45)].

Alternatively, find your nearest Plumb Center
http://www.plumbcenter.co.uk/plumb/default.html
where you should be able to get one for about £13 + VAT.

Roger