bugbear

Default 1960's tool - Leytool endless hacksaw?

Subject says it all - does anyone know anything
about the "Leytool endless hacksaw", own one,
have a manual, or an old advert?

BugBear
Cicero

"bugbear" wrote in message
Subject says it all - does anyone know anything
about the "Leytool endless hacksaw", own one,
have a manual, or an old advert?

BugBear

===============
I don't know anything about the original but it sounds very much like a
modern bandsaw. Have a look at this:
http://www.machinemart.co.uk/product.asp?p=060710025

This uses a 1/2" wide hacksaw-type blade welded into a continuous loop.

Cic.

Is this a hand or power tool ? The only one I remember was a sort of
adjustable length padsaw with hacksaw blades. AFAIR, it had some sort
of sliding arrangement to support the blade right up against the cut,
despite being a frameless blade holder.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

bugbear Wrote:
Subject says it all - does anyone know anything
about the "Leytool endless hacksaw", own one,
have a manual, or an old advert?

BugBear

Does it have a pistol grip at one end, a central spine and a blade
retainer at the other?- if so I think I have one, it was in my dad's
tools and I've been trying to find out what it is.

Ewan

--
Ewan Black

Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to Ewan Black, Simon wrote:
Ewan.Black.2lhlpc wrote:

Does it have a pistol grip at one end, a central spine and a blad
retainer at the other?- if so I think I have one, it was in my dad'
tools and I've been trying to find out what it is.
Ewa
--
Ewan Black

I know this is a very old post but I have also inherited one of these and
did not know what it was but found these pictures on Graces guide British
Industrial History http://www.gracesguide.co.uk/Main_Page

Simon

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Ewan.Black.2lhlpc wrote:

Does it have a pistol grip at one end, a central spine and a blad
retainer at the other?- if so I think I have one, it was in my dad'
tools and I've been trying to find out what it is.
Ewa --
Ewan Black

I know this is a very old post but I have also inherited one of these
and did not know what it was but found these pictures on Graces guide
British Industrial History http://www.gracesguide.co.uk/Main_Page

Simon

A sort of mechanised padsaw, then, with the advantage that the blade is
supported right up to the cut at all times.

wish to copy them they can pay me £30a message.