Simon

Default bending vertical blinds for shallow bay

They charge you an awful lot more for curved vertical blinds than for
straight.
I know they are custom bent, but I suspect they rip you off too. You
can get some cheap verticals from argos. Any idea how to smoothly bend
these to fit round a shallow bay (about 2 metres across for 40cms in)
? They are probably aluminium channel. There may be problems with the
sliders snagging, but I guess the edges could be rounded off.
The difference would be 50 quid (argos) versus 300 quid plus !
Thanks,
Simon.
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Simon wrote:
I know they are custom bent, but I suspect they rip you off too. You
can get some cheap verticals from argos. Any idea how to smoothly bend
these to fit round a shallow bay (about 2 metres across for 40cms in)
? They are probably aluminium channel. There may be problems with the
sliders snagging, but I guess the edges could be rounded off.
The difference would be 50 quid (argos) versus 300 quid plus !

I'd thought the chances of bending the slats into a curve so they all look
the same near impossible. ;-)

--
*Stable Relationships Are For Horses. *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Owain

Simon wrote:
They charge you an awful lot more for curved vertical blinds than for
straight.
I know they are custom bent, but I suspect they rip you off too. You
can get some cheap verticals from argos. Any idea how to smoothly bend
these to fit round a shallow bay (about 2 metres across for 40cms in)
? They are probably aluminium channel. There may be problems with the
sliders snagging, but I guess the edges could be rounded off.
The difference would be 50 quid (argos) versus 300 quid plus !

I would saw the track and do little mitres at appropriate intervals.
This probably means you will lose the ability to slide the verticals, so
you'll have to re-assemble each segment separately and always have the
blinds across the window. You might also lose the swivelability.

An alternative might be a straight, floor-to-lintel/ceiling blind across
the chord (?? geometrical term) of the arc of the bay.

A voile is probably less faff.

Owain