Pandora

Default Electrical back box question

I want to put two single width (85mm) BS3676 switch plates side-by-side
on a wall.

I understand that a flush-mounting, 35mm deep metal back box is
available which is just a bit bigger than a double width back box and
has a metal strip down the centre of the opening. This strip has
mounting holes so that two 85mm plates can be mounted flush together.

Anybody know who is the manufacturer of this type of back box? Or can
anyone give me a part number and source, please?

Pandora

Appleby do a plastic version of the product I'm after.

I can't find a metal one, though

Andy Wade

Pandora wrote:

I understand that a flush-mounting, 35mm deep metal back box is
available which is just a bit bigger than a double width back box and
has a metal strip down the centre of the opening. This strip has
mounting holes so that two 85mm plates can be mounted flush together.

Anybody know who is the manufacturer of this type of back box? Or can
anyone give me a part number and source, please?

Most of the manufacturers have this item in their ranges. For example
MK list no. 887 ZIC dual flush box (also 888 ZIC dividing screen for
dual flush box, for where you need segregation between the two sides).

--
Andy
Dave Plowman (News)

In article .com,
Pandora wrote:
Anybody know who is the manufacturer of this type of back box? Or can
anyone give me a part number and source, please?

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/Boxes_and_Enclosures_Index/Dual_Boxes/index.html

Known as dual boxes. Any electrical wholesaler should have them. Maybe
even a bigger B&Q.

--
*We have enough youth, how about a fountain of Smart?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

dIMM

i think screwfix may do these
check out ref no d48234

looks like they put the wrong picture on this product

things i do for you people......you'll be asking for me to come round and
fix it next......

well it all depends upon whether my mum will let me out or not after my
teatime.....

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
dIMM wrote:
well it all depends upon whether my mum will let me out or not after my
teatime.....

I'd have thought nurse more appropriate.............

--
*The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Owain

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
dIMM wrote:
well it all depends upon whether my mum will let me out or not after my
teatime.....

I'd have thought nurse more appropriate.............

wardress ....

Owain

Electrical question about a switch D. J. Dorn Woodworking 9 January 21st 05 01:29 PM
Electrical Panel Question James \Cubby\ Culbertson Home Repair 21 January 10th 05 06:14 AM
beginner's electrical socket question lesshaste UK diy 4 October 17th 04 12:27 AM
Electrical Question new Home Repair 11 November 4th 03 06:54 PM
Electrical fixture rewiring in series question amder Home Repair 10 August 20th 03 02:30 PM