smudger

Default combi boiler

i have just fitted a new combi boiler it is wired and ready to go
except for corgi gas man to connect gas.
I tried to fill system with water , yes the power is on, but i cannot
fill system or the boiler, RAVENHEAT T24 BOILER, i phoned tech dept for
help but they wont as i am not Corgi reg's.
Help anyone.
Smudge uk

EricP

On 17 Mar 2005 08:23:13 -0800, "smudger"
babbled like a waterfall and said:

i have just fitted a new combi boiler it is wired and ready to go
except for corgi gas man to connect gas.
I tried to fill system with water , yes the power is on, but i cannot
fill system or the boiler, RAVENHEAT T24 BOILER, i phoned tech dept for
help but they wont as i am not Corgi reg's.
Help anyone.
Smudge uk

As being corgi has bugger-all to do with filling a boiler, I would
ring them back,but if you unwrapped the boiler, you should have the
install books

andrewpreece

"EricP" wrote in message
On 17 Mar 2005 08:23:13 -0800, "smudger"
babbled like a waterfall and said:

i have just fitted a new combi boiler it is wired and ready to go
except for corgi gas man to connect gas.
I tried to fill system with water , yes the power is on, but i cannot
fill system or the boiler, RAVENHEAT T24 BOILER, i phoned tech dept for
help but they wont as i am not Corgi reg's.
Help anyone.
Smudge uk

As being corgi has bugger-all to do with filling a boiler, I would
ring them back,but if you unwrapped the boiler, you should have the
install books

You don't tell us why you can't fill the boiler......
Normally there are two valves to open, connected at one end to the cold
water pipe, and the other to the CH flow or return pipe, or the fillig loop
may be built in to the boiler, which may require a special key to operate
the valves ( should be supplied ). Then when both valves are open watch
as the pressure rises to about 1.5 bar and turn off valves. Bleed air out of
radiators, turn filling loop valves back to open, pressurise to 1.5 bar,
close valves, bleed radiators etc until all air is gone.

Andy.

Andrew Gabriel

In article .com,
"smudger" writes:
i have just fitted a new combi boiler it is wired and ready to go
except for corgi gas man to connect gas.
I tried to fill system with water , yes the power is on, but i cannot
fill system or the boiler,

Well, what exactly did you try and what happened when you tried?
Did you forget to install a filling loop? ;-)
We're rather short on clues here...

RAVENHEAT T24 BOILER, i phoned tech dept for
help but they wont as i am not Corgi reg's.

In any case, the parts of the system other than the boiler are not
reallt within their scope.

--
Andrew Gabriel
smudger

thanx all,
i have fitted fill loop, the pressure gauge dosent move as there seems
to be no water at all going in . i have disconnected flow from boiler,
this is dry, have checked all inlet and outlet valves are open, the
loop is fitted right way, undone and vented rads, no joy

Andrew Gabriel

In article .com,
"smudger" writes:
thanx all,
i have fitted fill loop, the pressure gauge dosent move as there seems
to be no water at all going in . i have disconnected flow from boiler,
this is dry, have checked all inlet and outlet valves are open, the
loop is fitted right way, undone and vented rads, no joy

Which way does the arrow point on the fill loop double check
valve, towards the heating system or towards the detachable
fill loop?
If you take the detactable fill loop off, can you get any#
water out of the supply valve?

--
Andrew Gabriel

smudger

through your help i have resolved the problem, being a first class KNOB
HEAD, the loop was connected to the domestic cold not the return
heating, well dun all, good site this i shall be back when i f**k
something else up.
thanx all smudger