Jonathan Telfer

Default Finding a square section o ring

Evening all,
I have a mixer tap which leaks at the junction between tap body and
swing arm. I took the arm off and found an o ring which needs
replacing. It is square in section, ~18 mm internal diameter, 22mm
external, 3mm deep. Plumb centres to DIY stores etc all draw blanks.
Where does everyone get their o rings from?

Thanks

Jon
[news]

Jonathan Telfer wrote:
Evening all,
I have a mixer tap which leaks at the junction between tap body and
swing arm. I took the arm off and found an o ring which needs
replacing. It is square in section, ~18 mm internal diameter, 22mm
external, 3mm deep. Plumb centres to DIY stores etc all draw blanks.
Where does everyone get their o rings from?

Thanks

Jon

I'll wager it's a round one, squeezed into a square groove

http://supaseal.co.uk/products.htm

via

http://tinyurl.com/5h3ms

hth

RT

The Natural Philosopher

[news] wrote:

Jonathan Telfer wrote:

Evening all,
I have a mixer tap which leaks at the junction between tap body and
swing arm. I took the arm off and found an o ring which needs
replacing. It is square in section, ~18 mm internal diameter, 22mm
external, 3mm deep. Plumb centres to DIY stores etc all draw blanks.
Where does everyone get their o rings from?

Thanks

Jon

I'll wager it's a round one, squeezed into a square groove

http://supaseal.co.uk/products.htm

via

http://tinyurl.com/5h3ms

hth

RT

It may be. Itsd also possible to get square section rubber and cut and
glue it into a ring with e.g. Cyanoacrylate.
Jonathan Telfer

On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 21:13:30 +0000, [news] wrote:

Jonathan Telfer wrote:
Evening all,
I have a mixer tap which leaks at the junction between tap body and
swing arm. I took the arm off and found an o ring which needs
replacing. It is square in section, ~18 mm internal diameter, 22mm
external, 3mm deep. Plumb centres to DIY stores etc all draw blanks.
Where does everyone get their o rings from?

Thanks

Jon

I'll wager it's a round one, squeezed into a square groove

http://supaseal.co.uk/products.htm

via

http://tinyurl.com/5h3ms

hth

RT

Thanks for the link. I'm fairly sure it started life with a squared
section. It's flat on both internal and external edges + when I showed it
to the plumb centre people they remarked on it being square section.

[news]

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
[news] wrote:

Jonathan Telfer wrote:

Evening all,
I have a mixer tap which leaks at the junction between tap body and
swing arm. I took the arm off and found an o ring which needs
replacing. It is square in section, ~18 mm internal diameter, 22mm
external, 3mm deep. Plumb centres to DIY stores etc all draw blanks.
Where does everyone get their o rings from?

Thanks

Jon

I'll wager it's a round one, squeezed into a square groove

http://supaseal.co.uk/products.htm

via

http://tinyurl.com/5h3ms

hth

RT

It may be. Itsd also possible to get square section rubber and cut and
glue it into a ring with e.g. Cyanoacrylate.

accepted.

in the best traditions of usenet I missed the 'square section' bit.

RT

Badger

It may be. Itsd also possible to get square section rubber and cut and
glue it into a ring with e.g. Cyanoacrylate.

Or as we do at work, sheet material and gasket punches....
raden

In message ain,
Jonathan Telfer writes

RT

Thanks for the link. I'm fairly sure it started life with a squared
section. It's flat on both internal and external edges + when I showed it
to the plumb centre people they remarked on it being square section.

You asked the experts then ...

It doesn't need to have been compressed that long inside a square
section to take on the profile

--
geoff
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ain,
Jonathan Telfer wrote:
I have a mixer tap which leaks at the junction between tap body and
swing arm. I took the arm off and found an o ring which needs
replacing. It is square in section, ~18 mm internal diameter, 22mm
external, 3mm deep. Plumb centres to DIY stores etc all draw blanks.
Where does everyone get their o rings from?

I'll bet it started out life as a round one.

--
*You sound reasonable......time to up my medication

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.