TheScullster

Default Heat Detector?

On the plans for building re-works I have been given, there is mention of a
heat detector in the kitchen.
This is positioned on top of an underfloor drain!
Surely this is a device to monitor heat in the kitchen itself not the drain
beneath?
What form do these detectors take - are they now a requisit item in all
kitchens?

Would ask the plan designers but they are on holiday and I am impatient!

Phil

Mike

"TheScullster" phil-at-dropthespam.com wrote in message
On the plans for building re-works I have been given, there is mention of

heat detector in the kitchen.
This is positioned on top of an underfloor drain!
Surely this is a device to monitor heat in the kitchen itself not the

drain
beneath?
What form do these detectors take - are they now a requisit item in all
kitchens?

Presumably it's a heat detecting fire alarm. I use

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/KD323slash9HI.html

Owain

TheScullster wrote:
On the plans for building re-works I have been given, there is mention of a
heat detector in the kitchen.
This is positioned on top of an underfloor drain!
Surely this is a device to monitor heat in the kitchen itself not the drain
beneath?
What form do these detectors take - are they now a requisit item in all
kitchens?

The heat detector is a heat-triggered (as opposed to smoke-triggered)
smoke, er, fire alarm. It is mounted on the ceiling. The fact that it is
above the location of a drain on the floor is coincidental.

AFAIK mains-powered interconnected smoke(heat) detectors are mandatory
in new builds and renovations.

Owain

TheScullster

Thanks Owain

TheScullster

OK to tap off lighting ring?

Phil

Christian McArdle

OK to tap off lighting ring?

You have two choices. You may tap off a frequently used lighting circuit, or
run them off a dedicated alarm circuit.

Each alarm in the property needs to be linked together, usually with 3&E
cable. Then the alarm sounds near the bedrooms when the kitchen sets on
fire.

Christian.

An air-soil solar sub-basement heat battery [email protected] Home Repair 10 March 14th 05 11:50 PM
AFUE, HSPF and COP, how do they relate? [email protected] Home Ownership 37 February 23rd 05 04:03 PM
DIY Heat Bank/Thermal Store system? (longish) Gordon Henderson UK diy 4 January 26th 05 07:32 AM
Ohmwork [email protected] Home Repair 36 July 24th 04 12:22 AM
Heat pump thermostat question Michael Baugh Home Repair 6 January 26th 04 07:50 AM