Robert Bashford

Default Electric Oven

Are there any under work top, built in electric ovens available from
mainstream manufacturers, that can be fed from a normal 13Amp socket?

It is for use in France where there is a 15 amp trip on the supply. If EDF
increase this they charge an arm and a leg extra standing charge.

Jeff

"Robert Bashford" wrote in message
Are there any under work top, built in electric ovens available from
mainstream manufacturers, that can be fed from a normal 13Amp socket?

It is for use in France where there is a 15 amp trip on the supply. If EDF
increase this they charge an arm and a leg extra standing charge.

I would have thought most single ovens are 13amp plug fed - my last 2 were

Regards Jeff

Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
"Robert Bashford" writes:
Are there any under work top, built in electric ovens available from
mainstream manufacturers, that can be fed from a normal 13Amp socket?

Yes, most of them nowadays.

It is for use in France where there is a 15 amp trip on the supply. If EDF
increase this they charge an arm and a leg extra standing charge.

At least for some units, the same models are available in France too.
Actually, my father bought a Smeg built-in oven in France as it was
cheaper than the same model in the UK. (He was driving over anyway,
might not have been worth a special visit.)

--
Andrew Gabriel
Christian McArdle

Are there any under work top, built in electric ovens available from
mainstream manufacturers, that can be fed from a normal 13Amp socket?

Almost all of them.

Christian.

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Robert Bashford wrote:
Are there any under work top, built in electric ovens available from
mainstream manufacturers, that can be fed from a normal 13Amp socket?

Yes. Probably most. The clue is the fitted lead and 13 amp plug. If it
doesn't have this it will require its own radial circuit.

--
*Oh, what a tangled website we weave when first we practice *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Holly, in France

Robert Bashford wrote in message

Are there any under work top, built in electric ovens available from
mainstream manufacturers, that can be fed from a normal 13Amp socket?

Most of them will, as others have said. We have two here.

It is for use in France where there is a 15 amp trip on the supply. If

EDF
increase this they charge an arm and a leg extra standing charge.

What kW rating have you got? Whilst the cooker wouldn't trip the system
if used on its own, you might find that you have to turn some other
things off when you are cooking, or refrain was using the washing
machine or whatever. I know a number of people who have to juggle like
this. I do too actually, but in my case it's because atm all the power
to the house comes off one phase of a 3 phase supply, which causes an
inbalance.
--
Holly, in France.
Holiday home in the Dordogne,