Holly, in France

Robert Bashford wrote in message

Are there any under work top, built in electric ovens available from
mainstream manufacturers, that can be fed from a normal 13Amp socket?

Most of them will, as others have said. We have two here.

It is for use in France where there is a 15 amp trip on the supply. If

EDF
increase this they charge an arm and a leg extra standing charge.

What kW rating have you got? Whilst the cooker wouldn't trip the system
if used on its own, you might find that you have to turn some other
things off when you are cooking, or refrain was using the washing
machine or whatever. I know a number of people who have to juggle like
this. I do too actually, but in my case it's because atm all the power
to the house comes off one phase of a 3 phase supply, which causes an
inbalance.
--
Holly, in France.
Holiday home in the Dordogne,