Junior Member

Default Apollo 30/50B Boiler Thermocouple/Spark problem

Hi,

I've been having problems with my boiler in that the pilot light keeps going out. It will remain lit sometimes for hours/days and then will go out again. This is normally due to the thermocouple needing replacing: I last replaced it about five years ago.

Anyway I have now replaced it, but now the pilot light won't light at all. I can't even get a spark when I push the ignition valve.

Is there something obvious I'm not doing?

John

PS I've turned the gas back on and checked the fuse in plug.

Last edited by JohnGorrod : March 7th 05 at 11:47 AM
Ed Sirett

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 11:34:58 +0000, JohnGorrod wrote:

Hi,

I've been having problems with my boiler in that the pilot light keeps
going out. It will remain lit sometimes for hours/days and then will go
out again. This is normally due to the thermocouple needing replacing: I
last replaced it about five years ago.

Anyway I have now replaced it, but now the pilot light won't light at
all. I can't even get a spark when I push the ignition valve.

Is there something obvious I'm not doing?

Quite probably the spark lead fell off during the thermocouple replacement.
Or maybe the thermocouple is not in the same place and its now too far
from the spark electrode.