Kaiser

"Doctor Evil" wrote in message

"Richard" wrote in message
Doctor Evil wrote:

The choice is huge now. At the lower end Argos Extreme for £40. Makita

for
£120, similar with Hitachi. Ryobi make a good one for £80 in SFX.

Wickes
have two re-badged Kress machine from £110 - £150, with 3 year

guarantees;
good deals. The £110 one is now over 600w and has an excellent

pedigree,
being made for 10 years plus now.

Thanks for all contributions

In the end I ordered on of these (the Makita HR2450X)

http://www.lawson-his.co.uk/scripts/...hisel%20Drills

It should arrive Monday or Tuesday. I'll post some feedback to a new
thread if anyone is interested.

Good deal when you consider the extras they throw in. The chuck is not
removable I assume. Just clip-in the keyless into the SDS chuck.

I would have gone for the Kress simply because of the 3 yr guarantee.
Anyone
who rates their products for 3 years must make a decent product.

"3 year guarantee" You mean like the PPPro suff from B&Q?

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Kaiser wrote:
I would have gone for the Kress simply because of the 3 yr guarantee.
Anyone
who rates their products for 3 years must make a decent product.

"3 year guarantee" You mean like the PPPro suff from B&Q?

Isn't the PPPro one conditional? Ie, if you do actually use it as a 'pro'
tool, it's only one year?

Of course, anything with 'pro' in its name means it's anything but...

--
*Work is for people who don't know how to fish.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Kaiser

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Kaiser wrote:
I would have gone for the Kress simply because of the 3 yr guarantee.
Anyone
who rates their products for 3 years must make a decent product.

"3 year guarantee" You mean like the PPPro suff from B&Q?

Isn't the PPPro one conditional? Ie, if you do actually use it as a 'pro'
tool, it's only one year?

Of course, anything with 'pro' in its name means it's anything but...

Not sure if it's conditional or not, as I don't own any PPPro stuff. I was
just going on their advertising which says 3 year warranty.

In article , Doctor Evil
writes

"Richard" wrote in message
Doctor Evil wrote:

[...]

Not necessarily John, it can be a marketing decision based on how many
you think are going to fail and out of them how many people will be
bothered to bring them back in that 3 year period
--
David
Doctor Evil

wrote in message
In article , Doctor Evil
writes

"Richard" wrote in message
Doctor Evil wrote:

[...]

Bertie, it's a pro drill. It does not cost £20. If it fails they "will"
take it back. And they pay to fix it.

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download

Doctor Evil

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Doctor Evil wrote:

I sensibly said.....

I would have gone for the Kress
simply because of the 3 yr guarantee.
Anyone who rates their products for 3
years must make a decent product.

.....................then our resident DIY caber person said.....

Or expect the majority of buyers not to use it very much.

......yes he did actually say that.......a pro toll that tradesmen keep at
home and don't use...yes he believes this.. ..

Is it an unconditional warranty?

.....shock, horror!!!!!!! A sensible question.....yes I know you don't
believe this...it is actually sensible...

....then, well I had to snip it so you would not have to read such
drivel.......... he spoils it all. Well a false start no doubt...and after
all the expectations. Obviously just a blip.

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download
Doctor Evil

Kaiser wrote:
I would have gone for the Kress simply because of the 3 yr guarantee.
Anyone
who rates their products for 3 years must make a decent product.

"3 year guarantee" You mean like the PPPro suff from B&Q?

Isn't the PPPro one conditional? Ie, if you do actually use it as a 'pro'
tool, it's only one year?

I don't actually know. Interesting, does anyone else know if that is the
case. Kress (Wickes) is 3 year unconditional. You can use it 10 hours a
day, every day, for 3 years and they honour the guarantee.

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download

In article , Doctor Evil
writes

wrote in message
.. .
I would have gone for the Kress simply because of the 3 yr guarantee.

Anyone
who rates their products for 3 years must make a decent product.

Not necessarily John, it can be a marketing decision based on how many
you think are going to fail and out of them how many people will be
bothered to bring them back in that 3 year period

Bertie, it's a pro drill. It does not cost £20. If it fails they "will"
take it back. And they pay to fix it.

Its all right John, I didn't think you would understand.
--
David
Doctor Evil

wrote in message
In article , Doctor Evil
writes

wrote in message
.. .
I would have gone for the Kress simply because of the 3 yr guarantee.

Anyone
who rates their products for 3 years must make a decent product.

Not necessarily John, it can be a marketing decision based on how many
you think are going to fail and out of them how many people will be
bothered to bring them back in that 3 year period

Bertie, it's a pro drill. It does not cost £20. If it fails they "will"
take it back. And they pay to fix it.

Its all right John, I didn't think you would understand.

Bertie, pay attention.