Junior Member

Default Bolier Trouble

I have a Ariston Boiler and seems to keep giveing me trouble. I bled the water from the radiators and know the preassure gauge keeps hitting 90% then switches off. please help
John Stumbles

hsj123 wrote:
I have a Ariston Boiler and seems to keep giveing me trouble. I bled the
water from the radiators and know the preassure gauge keeps hitting 90%
then switches off. please help

What do you mean 90%? Boiletr pressure gauges are usually calibrated in
bar, usually 0-4 or 0-6 bar. Is yours actually marked in %? If so do you
mean that it's going to a high setting or a low one? Most boilers will
cut out if the water pressure is too low. Look through Google's archive
of this group (e.g. "boiler pressure low") for _many_ discussions of
such problems.
Ed Sirett

On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 10:06:05 +0000, John Stumbles wrote:

hsj123 wrote:
I have a Ariston Boiler and seems to keep giveing me trouble. I bled the
water from the radiators and know the preassure gauge keeps hitting 90%
then switches off. please help

What do you mean 90%? Boiletr pressure gauges are usually calibrated in
bar, usually 0-4 or 0-6 bar. Is yours actually marked in %? If so do you
mean that it's going to a high setting or a low one? Most boilers will
cut out if the water pressure is too low. Look through Google's archive
of this group (e.g. "boiler pressure low") for _many_ discussions of
such problems.

Further background reading is in the Sealed CH FAQ
Your problems may have nothing to do with the pressure.

Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Stumbles
hsj123 wrote:
I have a Ariston Boiler and seems to keep giveing me trouble. I bled the
water from the radiators and know the preassure gauge keeps hitting 90%
then switches off. please help

What do you mean 90%? Boiletr pressure gauges are usually calibrated in
bar, usually 0-4 or 0-6 bar. Is yours actually marked in %? If so do you
mean that it's going to a high setting or a low one? Most boilers will
cut out if the water pressure is too low. Look through Google's archive
of this group (e.g. "boiler pressure low") for _many_ discussions of
such problems.
Could it be the temp guage he's looking at 90 degrees C? Low pressure causing over heat cut out cured by reset? Find the pressure guage when boiler cold, make sure it is 1bar to 1.5bar, that shgould sort you out.