Dave P

Default Removing Anglian DG window to get furniture in

We've got Anglian Windows and I want to remove a unit to get furniture in.
Has anyone got any tips on how to remove the glazed unit?

Cheers,

Dave

Dave P wrote:
We've got Anglian Windows and I want to remove a unit to get

furniture in.
Has anyone got any tips on how to remove the glazed unit?

Take the entire frame out. Looking at the ease of install it is
probably the simplest solution !

Or get furniture that comes apart ...

Cheers,

Paul.

tim

wrote in message
oups.com...

Dave P wrote:
We've got Anglian Windows and I want to remove a unit to get

furniture in.
Has anyone got any tips on how to remove the glazed unit?

Take the entire frame out. Looking at the ease of install it is
probably the simplest solution !

The installers firts put it in minus the glass.

I think that taking it out and putting it back with the glass
in situ might be a tad more difficult.

tim

raden

In message , Dave P
writes
We've got Anglian Windows and I want to remove a unit to get furniture in.
Has anyone got any tips on how to remove the glazed unit?

Angle grinder

--
geoff
nafuk

"Dave P" wrote in message ...
We've got Anglian Windows and I want to remove a unit to get furniture in.
Has anyone got any tips on how to remove the glazed unit?

Cheers,

Dave

When DG windows and doors are installed in brickwork openings the
installers sometimes only use foam to fix them in place, so it may be
possible to remove the caulking from around the window and cut it out
with say a breadknife. If you hit a bolt it means the frame was
installed first with frame fixings, then the glass inserted.
How difficult is it to dismantle/chop up the furniture. I once cut
some wood from a bed divan to get it in, then reattached a new piece
of wood with screws.
Neil

Ian_m

"Dave P" wrote in message
We've got Anglian Windows and I want to remove a unit to get furniture in.
Has anyone got any tips on how to remove the glazed unit?

I would have thought next to impossible.

When out neighbours had their new quad paned double glazing front room
window replaced I watched them spend ages removing it. (They had fitted
brown UPVC instead of white like the rest of the house, this happened
because the removed/broke the old wooden/aluminium glazing, unpacked the new
window and found it was brown, rather then white, so fitted the brown whilst
it took however long to make it again in white).

Anyway they cut the glass units out around the seals and had to cut the
frame in places as various bits snap into place in the outer frame and just
dont easily un-snap to reveal the large frame fixings they used to attach
the outer frame to the brickwork. Your might be the same.