Paul \( Skiing8 \)

Default Install a new washing machine drain into soil pipe

Hi

Installing the washing machine into the garage and need to plumb it in.

The soil pipes run quite close to where the machine will be.

Looking for best / easiest / reccomended ways of connecting a new drain pipe
for the washer

Did a quick google and didn't turn up much, other than a 'strap on boss', I
don't dare do a search on this though :-0

Cheers
Paul

Ali Mac

"Paul ( Skiing8 )" wrote in message
Hi

Installing the washing machine into the garage and need to plumb it in.

The soil pipes run quite close to where the machine will be.

Looking for best / easiest / reccomended ways of connecting a new drain
pipe
for the washer

Did a quick google and didn't turn up much, other than a 'strap on boss',
don't dare do a search on this though :-0

Cheers
Paul

Sorry Paul, but you do need a strap on boss, so you'll have to get used to
the idea! With one of these, a nut and bolt, solvent weld glue and a rubber
plug to fit your waste pipe (washing machine so 40mm), you're all set.
Basically you cut a hole in the side of the soil pipe slightly bigger than
the little lip on the inside of the strap on boss, then glue the face of the
boss to the soil pipe and bolt the strap around the back of the pipe. You
then stick your rubber plug into the boss and your 40mm pipe into the plug.
You need a little silicon gel to ease the process. I've done it twice now
and I can't remember if it's easier to stick the waste pipe through the
rubber plug and then into the boss, or put the rubber plug in first and the
waste pipe in second.

Alistair

Paul \( Skiing8 \)

"Ali Mac" wrote in message

[...]

Thats what I thought would have to be done from what I had pieced together
lots of little bits that I found in searches.
The only other thing that I found was to observe the orientation of the boss
as the inlet has an angle that needs to slope up

Paul

nafuk

"Ali Mac" wrote in message

[...]

I've seen a new design for a strap on boss which is very similar but
does not have the strap piece and so is simpler to install - very
DIYable. Contact your local Travis Perkins.
Neil
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nafuk
"Paul \( Skiing8 \)" wrote in message ...
"Ali Mac"
wrote in message

"Paul ( Skiing8 )"
wrote in message
[...]

McAlpine make one that is to soil stacks what the Essex Flange is to Hot Water Cylinders. Don't forget to put a trap in somewhere between the boss and the washing machine or you'll get smell in room where washing machine is. If that's the kitchen? Good way to start a diet.

Any soil pipe experts? Pecanfan UK diy 15 January 21st 05 03:09 PM
Water heater pressure relief value drip Remove dots from userid to reply Home Repair 29 May 17th 04 07:46 PM
sump drain pipe on flat ground dakota Home Repair 4 March 16th 04 03:00 PM
Washing machine pipes Mag Home Repair 2 September 8th 03 11:12 PM
Washing machine - waste pipe limescale IMM UK diy 2 July 15th 03 10:25 PM