Philip Wagstaff

Default power showers

I'd appreciate any info, links, warnings, whatever concerning selecting and
installing a power shower - basically adding a pump to a low pressure
gravity shower. I understand that in some situations it may be necessary to
install new cold and hot tanks, the shower needs its own hot and cold feeds
and the water authority has to be informed, but I am not clear how and when
these situations arise and what the WA has to do with it.

--
Phil Wagstaff

This e-mail is confidential and privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient please accept my apologies; please do not disclose, copy or
distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in reliance of its
contents. Please inform me that this message has gone astray before deleting
it. Thank you for your co-operation.

Bob Mannix

"Philip Wagstaff" wrote in message
I'd appreciate any info, links, warnings, whatever concerning selecting

and
installing a power shower - basically adding a pump to a low pressure
gravity shower. I understand that in some situations it may be necessary

install new cold and hot tanks,

Not usually

the shower needs its own hot and cold feeds

Yes. The hot *should* come from an Essex or Surrey flange which prevents
outgassing air from the water enterning the pump circuit (but that's really
to give the pump a longer life). The (new) cold feed from the loft tank
should be below the outlet for the hot water (if the tank empties, a person
showering then gets frozen rather than scalded!).

and the water authority has to be informed, but I am not clear how and

when
these situations arise and what the WA has to do with it.

I don't know anyone who informed the WA concerning the installation of a
pumped shower - I certainly didn't!

A Google search in uk.d-i-y will unearth many posts (a couple from me) on
all of this.

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)

Power surges Cheryl Home Repair 54 June 25th 04 08:50 PM
Power surges 1/ 2 barry martin Home Repair 0 June 5th 04 10:48 AM
POWER SAVING UNIT ? mowhoong Electronics Repair 7 May 7th 04 06:10 AM
need help tracing power circuit on laptop railroadrum Electronics Repair 7 April 16th 04 09:02 PM
Can power supply rebuild kit save this VCR? Sofie Electronics Repair 5 April 14th 04 10:37 PM