Bob Mannix

"Philip Wagstaff" wrote in message
I'd appreciate any info, links, warnings, whatever concerning selecting

and
installing a power shower - basically adding a pump to a low pressure
gravity shower. I understand that in some situations it may be necessary

install new cold and hot tanks,

Not usually

the shower needs its own hot and cold feeds

Yes. The hot *should* come from an Essex or Surrey flange which prevents
outgassing air from the water enterning the pump circuit (but that's really
to give the pump a longer life). The (new) cold feed from the loft tank
should be below the outlet for the hot water (if the tank empties, a person
showering then gets frozen rather than scalded!).

and the water authority has to be informed, but I am not clear how and

when
these situations arise and what the WA has to do with it.

I don't know anyone who informed the WA concerning the installation of a
pumped shower - I certainly didn't!

A Google search in uk.d-i-y will unearth many posts (a couple from me) on
all of this.

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)

--
Phil Wagstaff

This e-mail is confidential and privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient please accept my apologies; please do not disclose, copy or
distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in reliance of

its
contents. Please inform me that this message has gone astray before

deleting
it. Thank you for your co-operation.