John Stumbles

Default (Thames) Water minimum pressure specification

Just noticed on my Thames Water bill & associated bumph:

Water Pressure

We aim to provide water at a reasonable pressure at all times. If your
pressure falls below 7 mteres head for an hour or more on two occasions
in any 28 day period you can claim £25.00. The payment will only be made
once in any year.

7 metres head is approx 0.7 bar I think.

I guess they're fairly safe, knowing that probably none of their
domestic customers has the apparatus to measure & record pressure
satisfactorily to make such a claim :-)
Andy Hall

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 23:00:56 +0000, John Stumbles
wrote:

Just noticed on my Thames Water bill & associated bumph:

Water Pressure

We aim to provide water at a reasonable pressure at all times. If your
pressure falls below 7 mteres head for an hour or more on two occasions
in any 28 day period you can claim £25.00. The payment will only be made
once in any year.

7 metres head is approx 0.7 bar I think.

I guess they're fairly safe, knowing that probably none of their
domestic customers has the apparatus to measure & record pressure
satisfactorily to make such a claim :-)

I bet Trading Standards does though :-)

OTOH, they'd probably close ranks....

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
p00kie

wrote:

Just noticed on my Thames Water bill & associated bumph:

Water Pressure

We aim to provide water at a reasonable pressure at all times. If your
pressure falls below 7 mteres head for an hour or more on two occasions
in any 28 day period you can claim £25.00. The payment will only be made
once in any year.

7 metres head is approx 0.7 bar I think.

I guess they're fairly safe, knowing that probably none of their
domestic customers has the apparatus to measure & record pressure
satisfactorily to make such a claim :-)

I bet Trading Standards does though :-)

OTOH, they'd probably close ranks....

Aren't Thames Water looking to reduce the pressure to save on the amount of
water lost duing their numerous leaks?

Andy Hall

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 08:39:03 GMT, "p00kie"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Just noticed on my Thames Water bill & associated bumph:

Water Pressure

We aim to provide water at a reasonable pressure at all times. If your
pressure falls below 7 mteres head for an hour or more on two occasions
in any 28 day period you can claim £25.00. The payment will only be made
once in any year.

7 metres head is approx 0.7 bar I think.

I guess they're fairly safe, knowing that probably none of their
domestic customers has the apparatus to measure & record pressure
satisfactorily to make such a claim :-)

I bet Trading Standards does though :-)

OTOH, they'd probably close ranks....

Aren't Thames Water looking to reduce the pressure to save on the amount of
water lost duing their numerous leaks?

Oh sure. It's the game of the moment. All of the utilities and
public sector organisations are doingit from energy to water and from
education to health.

If you aren't meeting your targets, the solution is simple. Change
the target and then spend money on marketing to convince your
customers how great a deal they are getting.

Some people fall for it. They buy lottery tickets as well....

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Ed Sirett

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 23:00:56 +0000, John Stumbles wrote:

Just noticed on my Thames Water bill & associated bumph:

Water Pressure

We aim to provide water at a reasonable pressure at all times. If your
pressure falls below 7 mteres head for an hour or more on two occasions
in any 28 day period you can claim £25.00. The payment will only be made
once in any year.

7 metres head is approx 0.7 bar I think.

I guess they're fairly safe, knowing that probably none of their
domestic customers has the apparatus to measure & record pressure
satisfactorily to make such a claim :-)

I would think the £25 quid would pay for the digital pressure sensor,
after that it just needs an old laptop and a couple of months of waiting.
I'm nearly at the end of the supply pipe so experience the consequence of
any incident along the pipe. That's got to be a few water cuts per year.

Mathew J. Newton

John Stumbles wrote:
Just noticed on my Thames Water bill & associated bumph:

Water Pressure

We aim to provide water at a reasonable pressure at all times. If

your
pressure falls below 7 mteres head for an hour or more on two

occasions
in any 28 day period you can claim =A325.00. The payment will only be

made
once in any year.

7 metres head is approx 0.7 bar I think.

I guess they're fairly safe, knowing that probably none of their
domestic customers has the apparatus to measure & record pressure
satisfactorily to make such a claim :-)

It's not limited to Thames Water, it's a Statutory obligation:

http://www.legislation.hmso.gov.uk/s...63065_en_1.htm

Mathew

John Stumbles

Ed Sirett wrote:
[...]

Presumably you'd have to be measuring it at the stopcock rather than
entry to your house so you're not seeing drop in pressure due to your
own consumption.

Gotcha! ;-)

Residential water pressure design - Help Peter Neubert Home Repair 3 August 14th 04 03:09 PM
need hot water FAST PV Home Repair 38 January 30th 04 01:15 AM
Thankless or Tankless hot water heaters [email protected] Home Repair 6 January 29th 04 03:01 AM
Flushing / Cleaning Hot Water Heater Help Needed Cuse Home Repair 38 December 1st 03 02:01 AM