Nick Atty

Default "Completion certificate"

Ok, this isn't quite DIY, but I'm doing all the finishing.

When the inspectors have come to look at all the bits my builders have
done, should I be getting some sort of completion certificate to prove
that it is all ok.

I presume yes, as otherwise no-one would be bothered about Part P at
all.

So, more to the point, I should make damn sure I've got it before making
the last payment to the builders?
--
On-line canal route planner: http://www.canalplan.org.uk

(Waterways World site of the month, April 2001)
Mike

"Nick Atty" wrote in message
Ok, this isn't quite DIY, but I'm doing all the finishing.

When the inspectors have come to look at all the bits my builders have
done, should I be getting some sort of completion certificate to prove
that it is all ok.

I presume yes, as otherwise no-one would be bothered about Part P at
all.

So, more to the point, I should make damn sure I've got it before making
the last payment to the builders?

Should be a condition in any contract with a builder. But of course they
never suggest this themselves.

Nick Atty

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 19:45:07 -0000, "Mike" wrote:

"Nick Atty" wrote in message
.. .
Ok, this isn't quite DIY, but I'm doing all the finishing.

When the inspectors have come to look at all the bits my builders have
done, should I be getting some sort of completion certificate to prove
that it is all ok.

I presume yes, as otherwise no-one would be bothered about Part P at
all.

So, more to the point, I should make damn sure I've got it before making
the last payment to the builders?

Should be a condition in any contract with a builder. But of course they
never suggest this themselves.

Ta. Will bring that into final discussions (we're on the last arguments
(that's not fair - it's all being done pleasantly) about exactly what
bits did get done, what got changed into what, etc and so exactly how
much we owe them. So before finally giving them the last couple of
thou, I'm just making sure there's nothing left out. And as some of
the mods that we're disussing were to keep the BCO happy....

--
On-line canal route planner: http://www.canalplan.org.uk

(Waterways World site of the month, April 2001)

tim

"Mike" wrote in message

"Nick Atty" wrote in message
Ok, this isn't quite DIY, but I'm doing all the finishing.

When the inspectors have come to look at all the bits my builders have
done, should I be getting some sort of completion certificate to prove
that it is all ok.

I presume yes, as otherwise no-one would be bothered about Part P at
all.

So, more to the point, I should make damn sure I've got it before making
the last payment to the builders?

Should be a condition in any contract with a builder. But of course they
never suggest this themselves.

Before the new regs came in I told a sparks that I required the
necessary official test certificate for some storage heater circuits
he was fitting for me when we agreed the price. I needed this so
that the leccy board would connect the circuits to the new meter
without charging me for testing them.

When the job was finished, sparkie was most reluctant to give me
these official docs. (Of course, he didn't get paid unless he supplied
them)

tim

New electrical regulations Fred UK diy 8 December 31st 04 11:52 AM
My Newest Project Completion [email protected] Woodworking 7 December 26th 04 05:24 PM
Why would a developer delay completion? Mike Mitchell UK diy 5 March 10th 04 08:03 PM
Building Regulations Certificate ? Nick UK diy 13 October 19th 03 09:14 PM
Landlord's gas safety certificate - cost? David UK diy 9 July 13th 03 04:55 PM