urchaidh

Default guides to The Regs

I'm looking for a reference/guide book on home wiring: a (good) bit
more detailed than The Collins Big Book of DIY and a bit easier going
than The Regs. I'm just completing a slap through in our kitchen and so
have lights to move, cable to re-route, a dedicated cooker circuit and
more sockets to add.

It may be time for a new consumer unit whiler I'm at it, though I might
have to leave that to the pros (though it looks straightforward
enough).

Amazon turns up the following, anyone got any comments one way or the
other, or any alternative suggestions.

Electrician's Guide to IEE Wiring Regulations 7th Edition:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0953788539/

IEE Wiring Regulations: Explained and Illustrated:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0750665394/

John Rumm

urchaidh wrote:

Amazon turns up the following, anyone got any comments one way or the
other, or any alternative suggestions.

Electrician's Guide to IEE Wiring Regulations 7th Edition:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0953788539/

Yup that is a good one, I have it myself. I prefer it to:

IEE Wiring Regulations: Explained and Illustrated:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0750665394/

which some people like, but it has a more more academic focus (i.e.
aimed at people taking the C&G exams). It is also part of a set of
three. The others being:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...ternodeltdcomp
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...ternodeltdcomp

(I am told that if you have a peek with eDonkey, you may find the set of
3 available as a big PDF!)

The one "Must Have" however, is the "On Site Guide":

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...ternodeltdcomp

--
Cheers,

John.

Al Reynolds

"urchaidh" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm looking for a reference/guide book on home wiring: a (good) bit
more detailed than The Collins Big Book of DIY and a bit easier going
than The Regs. I'm just completing a slap through in our kitchen and so
have lights to move, cable to re-route, a dedicated cooker circuit and
more sockets to add.

It may be time for a new consumer unit whiler I'm at it, though I might
have to leave that to the pros (though it looks straightforward
enough).

Amazon turns up the following, anyone got any comments one way or the
other, or any alternative suggestions.

Electrician's Guide to IEE Wiring Regulations 7th Edition:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0953788539/

IEE Wiring Regulations: Explained and Illustrated:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0750665394/

If you can get it, the Which? Guide to Wiring and Lighting
is the best IMHO.

Al

Frank Erskine

On 23 Feb 2005 13:40:21 -0800, "Gel"
wrote:

Try also:
http://www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects/ringmain.htm

It's a pity the author of that site keeps referring to "meters" rather
than "metres".

--
Frank Erskine

mickael

wrote:

Try also:
http://www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects/ringmain.htm

It's a pity the author of that site keeps referring to "meters" rather
than "metres".

--
Frank Erskine

How long is a piece of measuring equipment?

Exemption from building regs??? antz UK diy 4 January 14th 05 08:05 AM
Router Template guides Sam the Cat Woodworking 7 November 30th 04 03:33 AM
Building Regs blakey9000 UK diy 33 June 24th 04 04:25 PM
Bandsaw Blade Guide Opinions MP Toolman Woodworking 10 November 2nd 03 05:01 AM
New Electrical Regs - Again PoP UK diy 169 October 22nd 03 11:34 PM