Junior Member

Question Potterton EP 2001 Programmer

Hi all,

Do you know if the programmer is directly connected to the main fuse box i.e there is no seperate on/off switch?

There is no display on the programmer and I was wondering if it's the fuse in the main fuse box that needs replacing. If so what fuse is required for this and is there a way of locating this fuse within the fuse box?

Cheers
Andrew
Ragworm The Abominable

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 17:41:49 +0000, Andy01 wrote:
Do you know if the programmer is directly connected to the main fuse
box i.e there is no seperate on/off switch?

There is no display on the programmer and I was wondering if it's the
fuse in the main fuse box that needs replacing. If so what fuse is
required for this and is there a way of locating this fuse within the
fuse box?

The boiler should have it's own fused supply via the on/off switch
located (hopefully) near the controller. Probably be a 3AMP Fuse -
you may need a screw driver to extract the fuse holder.

The EP 2001 Controller I *think* is around 20+ years old now. My
previous house had an EP 2001 controller, it and a neigbours
controller went phut within a year of each other.

The Grasslin QE2 controller is (or was) available from B&Q for ~28
quid is easy to install in place of the EP 2001.

--
Steve
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragworm The Abominable
[...]

Hi Steve, thanks for your feedback, I did notice a socket switch nearby that actually turns on the programmer display as well as the central heating. However, the central heating activated by this switch is independent of the programmer. So even when the programmer is set to off, the heating is continuously on which is not ideal as requires manual monitoring. This is very strange because the display does actually work but doesn't have any control on the heating when this switch is on. When I turn off the switch, then the display goes off. Any ideas? Most likely I will need a replacement although I'm not sure if this will solve the problem - probably will check the fuse first beforehand
Ragworm The Abominable

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 13:23:14 +0000, Andy01 wrote:
Hi Steve, thanks for your feedback, I did notice a socket switch nearby
that actually turns on the programmer display as well as the central
heating. However, the central heating activated by this switch is
independent of the programmer. So even when the programmer is set to
off, the heating is continuously on which is not ideal as requires
manual monitoring. This is very strange because the display does
actually work but doesn't have any control on the heating when this
switch is on. When I turn off the switch, then the display goes off.
Any ideas? Most likely I will need a replacement although I'm not sure
if this will solve the problem - probably will check the fuse first
beforehand

From your description, it sounds as if the internal relay in the
Controller has failed in the 'on' position?
--
Steve
raden

In message , Andy01
writes

Hi all,

Do you know if the programmer is directly connected to the main fuse
box i.e there is no seperate on/off switch?

It depends how the electrics are wired, doesn't it

The programmer just has LNE and switching connections

There is no display on the programmer and I was wondering if it's the
fuse in the main fuse box that needs replacing.

Probably the battery (3.6v NiCad) in the back of the programmer has seen
better days. You should be able to get them from Maplins or CPC

If so what fuse is
required for this and is there a way of locating this fuse within the
fuse box?

Cheers
Andrew

--
Andy01

--
geoff

CAX, CAD, CAM, CAE, electronics, EDA, LSI, PCB, FPGA, VHDL, & Other Design CDs ::::::: , updated 03/Feb/2005 futa Metalworking 0 February 5th 05 06:13 PM
OT - 386 code Cliff Metalworking 40 January 24th 05 05:47 AM
CAX,CAD,CAM,CAE,electronics,EDA.LSI,PCB,FPGA,VHDL,&Other Design CDs ::::::: , updated 12/Jan/2005 ola Electronics Repair 0 January 14th 05 03:05 PM
CH / Boiler Firing even though Programmer is set to off when room thermo is up! Mobileadam UK diy 2 October 2nd 03 12:19 PM
Glow-worm programmer and boiler change Muddy Paws UK diy 0 July 3rd 03 02:55 PM