Rich

Default What are the led strips below window sill?

Hi everyone,

What are the strips of led for under a window sill? They hang down
from the sill laying flush with the fascia. I have seen some with a
semicircle pattern.
Are they there to keep the water out? There are still drip grooves on
the underside of the sills.
I am not sure but I think I have only ever seen them used on houses
with either featheredge board or tiles.
How does the led tie into the window sill?
Does it fit into a second groove behind the drip groove? Or does it
simply lie under the window sill? Maybe pinned to the brick
underneath?

Regards,

Rich
BillR

Rich wrote:
Hi everyone,

What are the strips of led for under a window sill? They hang down
from the sill laying flush with the fascia. I have seen some with a
semicircle pattern.
Are they there to keep the water out? There are still drip grooves on
the underside of the sills.
I am not sure but I think I have only ever seen them used on houses
with either featheredge board or tiles.
How does the led tie into the window sill?
Does it fit into a second groove behind the drip groove? Or does it
simply lie under the window sill? Maybe pinned to the brick
underneath?

The tiled front of my house has this. The lead is attached to the brick.
Had windows replaced with double-glazing and they didn't have to disturb the
lead at all.
They merely sealed the gap between the lead and right at the back of the new
cill with clear silicone

Rick Hughes

"Rich" wrote in message
m...
Hi everyone,

What are the strips of led for under a window sill? They hang down
from the sill laying flush with the fascia. I have seen some with a
semicircle pattern.
Are they there to keep the water out? There are still drip grooves on
the underside of the sills.
I am not sure but I think I have only ever seen them used on houses
with either featheredge board or tiles.
How does the led tie into the window sill?
Does it fit into a second groove behind the drip groove? Or does it
simply lie under the window sill? Maybe pinned to the brick
underneath?

#
Not sure if I follow your description .... but it sounds like you are
referring to a water tray.

If the construction is a cavity wall, then the vertical DPC at the reveal
and the cavity tray above the lintel takes care of water.
However if single skin - as in dormer window construction, you install a
lead tray - so that any water that cold blow under the cill, cannot get to
inside ... and runs back out - down the lead.

The lead also dresses over tiles below (or wood) to protect top of that from
the rain.

It is semicircular for appearance only.

Rick