Rick Hughes

Default What are the led strips below window sill?

"Rich" wrote in message
m...
Hi everyone,

What are the strips of led for under a window sill? They hang down
from the sill laying flush with the fascia. I have seen some with a
semicircle pattern.
Are they there to keep the water out? There are still drip grooves on
the underside of the sills.
I am not sure but I think I have only ever seen them used on houses
with either featheredge board or tiles.
How does the led tie into the window sill?
Does it fit into a second groove behind the drip groove? Or does it
simply lie under the window sill? Maybe pinned to the brick
underneath?

#
Not sure if I follow your description .... but it sounds like you are
referring to a water tray.

If the construction is a cavity wall, then the vertical DPC at the reveal
and the cavity tray above the lintel takes care of water.
However if single skin - as in dormer window construction, you install a
lead tray - so that any water that cold blow under the cill, cannot get to
inside ... and runs back out - down the lead.

The lead also dresses over tiles below (or wood) to protect top of that from
the rain.

It is semicircular for appearance only.

Rick