Phil McCavity

Default phone socket wiring

Redecorating the bedroom, took off the extension phone socket,
and the wires have now broken off. Ive got wires coloured
blue, orange, white and grey, and connectors one to six available.
Can anyone tell me which wires go where?
TIA,

Christian McArdle

Redecorating the bedroom, took off the extension phone socket,
and the wires have now broken off. Ive got wires coloured
blue, orange, white and grey, and connectors one to six available.
Can anyone tell me which wires go where?

Find the other end of the cable and see which terminals they are in the
other end.

Christian.

Bill

In message , Phil McCavity
writes
Redecorating the bedroom, took off the extension phone socket,
and the wires have now broken off. Ive got wires coloured
blue, orange, white and grey, and connectors one to six available.
Can anyone tell me which wires go where?

Http://www.telephonesuk.co.uk/wiring_info.htm

The top item on this page should give you a good idea. Beware though
that the colours may not be the same as yours, that doesn't matter!
--
Bill
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Phil McCavity wrote:
Ive got wires coloured
blue, orange, white and grey,

Hmm. Not standard BT colours. You'll need to see what the connections are
at the other end.

--
*Gargling is a good way to see if your throat leaks.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
bob

"Phil McCavity" wrote in message ...
Redecorating the bedroom, took off the extension phone socket,
and the wires have now broken off. Ive got wires coloured
blue, orange, white and grey, and connectors one to six available.
Can anyone tell me which wires go where?
TIA,

Phil
try this
connector 1 = nothing
connector 2 = blue
connector 3 = orange
connector 4 = either white or grey
connector 5 = either grey or white
connector 6 = nothing
well its a start, as it should be
1 = nothing
2 = blue/white
3 = orange/white
4 = white/orange
5 = white/blue
6 = nothing
Regards
Bob

Phil McCavity

"Phil McCavity" wrote in message
Redecorating the bedroom, took off the extension phone socket,
and the wires have now broken off. Ive got wires coloured
blue, orange, white and grey, and connectors one to six available.
Can anyone tell me which wires go where?
TIA,

Thanks for all the replies. I was stumped for a while because
the wires that arrived in the bedroom weren't the colours that
left the hall, so there's a join somewhere under the stairs.
In the end I permed any two from four on connectors
two and five until I got dial tone, and tried the other two
on connector three until I got ring tone.
Thanks again!

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Phil McCavity wrote:
Thanks for all the replies. I was stumped for a while because
the wires that arrived in the bedroom weren't the colours that
left the hall, so there's a join somewhere under the stairs.
In the end I permed any two from four on connectors
two and five until I got dial tone, and tried the other two
on connector three until I got ring tone.
Thanks again!

You could have found out the main pair with a volt meter - they have DC on
them. The positive goes to 2, and the negative to 5.

--
*If horrific means to make horrible, does terrific mean to make terrible?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Bill

In message , Phil McCavity
writes
Thanks for all the replies. I was stumped for a while because
the wires that arrived in the bedroom weren't the colours that
left the hall, so there's a join somewhere under the stairs.
In the end I permed any two from four on connectors
two and five until I got dial tone, and tried the other two
on connector three until I got ring tone.
Thanks again!

Well done, that's the way a lot of engineers would have sussed that one
too.
Do you want a job?????????

Bill

Safe Distance Between Phone Wiring and Power Breaker Panel? [email protected] Home Repair 7 January 7th 05 07:40 PM
phone wiring orientation question oktokie Home Repair 4 July 28th 04 06:14 AM
Problem with wiring for new second phone line Phil Pickett Home Repair 1 April 19th 04 11:52 PM
Phone Wiring Question B Home Repair 14 July 30th 03 04:35 PM
Help w/ Phone Wiring barry martin Home Repair 0 June 26th 03 02:28 AM