Jethro

Default Toilet question

Hi all,

I have a bungalow with 2 toilets main and cloakroom, both fitted by me in
the last 12 months.

A couple of times I have thought I have imagined the water level in the bowl
of the cloadroom toilet was lower than it should be, but one flush, things
seemed OK. Definitley no leaks under or around it.

On saturday, I went to use the main loo, and the water level was lower ...
so much so that the back of the U bend was uncovered. Pondering on it, I
flushed, and watched. The level went back to normal, and then about 5
seconds later, it fell, as if sucked down. I flushed again, and it stayed
OK, and has been since.

So I have some questions please :

1) Is this normal ?
If so, what causes it. Remembering my basic physics the pressure in the
sewer must have dropped, so why ?
2) Could it have anything to do with out soil stack ? Birds nest/ blackage ?
3) ... depending on 1/2, is it anything to worry about ?

Thanks in advance

Tony Williams

In article ,
Jethro wrote:

On saturday, I went to use the main loo, and the water level was
lower ... so much so that the back of the U bend was uncovered.
Pondering on it, I flushed, and watched. The level went back to
normal, and then about 5 seconds later, it fell, as if sucked
down. I flushed again, and it stayed OK, and has been since.

Was there a high wind outside, creating transient
vacuums on the top of the stack?

--
Tony Williams.
Bob Eager

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 09:47:19 UTC, "Jethro"
wrote:

On saturday, I went to use the main loo, and the water level was lower ...
so much so that the back of the U bend was uncovered. Pondering on it, I
flushed, and watched. The level went back to normal, and then about 5
seconds later, it fell, as if sucked down. I flushed again, and it stayed
OK, and has been since.

So I have some questions please :

1) Is this normal ?
If so, what causes it. Remembering my basic physics the pressure in the
sewer must have dropped, so why ?

I find that this can heppen if there is a high wind... (not from the loo
user!)

--
Bob Eager
begin a new life...dump Windows!
Jethro

On saturday, I went to use the main loo, and the water level was
lower ... so much so that the back of the U bend was uncovered.
Pondering on it, I flushed, and watched. The level went back to
normal, and then about 5 seconds later, it fell, as if sucked
down. I flushed again, and it stayed OK, and has been since.

Was there a high wind outside, creating transient
vacuums on the top of the stack?

Funny you should say that, there was .... it all makes sense now ! So maybe
the answer is my soil stack is not blocked, quite the reverse !