Alex White

Default Timber Merchants ... Manchester Area

Does anyone know of suppliers of high quality kiln dried and/or stable
reclaimed timber?

The application is for making ledge & brace doors, shelve units and
cabinet carcasses etc so stability is very important (as I have found
out to my cost!).

TIA

Alex
Mike

"Alex White" wrote in message
Does anyone know of suppliers of high quality kiln dried and/or stable
reclaimed timber?

The application is for making ledge & brace doors, shelve units and
cabinet carcasses etc so stability is very important (as I have found
out to my cost!).

If by kiln dried you mean new then Tomlinson Parbans in High Lane are
excellent. But reclaimed wood is much harder to come by here as the
councils don't seem to recycle it.

Alex White

Mike wrote:
"Alex White" wrote in message

Does anyone know of suppliers of high quality kiln dried and/or stable
reclaimed timber?

The application is for making ledge & brace doors, shelve units and
cabinet carcasses etc so stability is very important (as I have found
out to my cost!).

If by kiln dried you mean new then Tomlinson Parbans in High Lane are
excellent. But reclaimed wood is much harder to come by here as the
councils don't seem to recycle it.

Yup i did. Cheers Mike, I'll give them a try.

FYI I have had reclaimed stuff from Buxton Reclaimed Timber (which are
good for value) but the moisture content has been variable.