Lobster

Default Another "House Price" website

As a follow-up to the thread on this last month, FYI I've come across
another of these sites - this one's completely free (at least, it gives
you 20 searches per week) ands as such seems rather better than the
others that were mentioned.

http://www.ourproperty.co.uk/

David
Geo

On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 20:06:26 GMT, Lobster
wrote:

As a follow-up to the thread on this last month, FYI I've come across
another of these sites - this one's completely free (at least, it gives
you 20 searches per week) ands as such seems rather better than the
others that were mentioned.

http://www.ourproperty.co.uk/

Is it England only? - can't get any results for EH49
Geo
Colin Blackburn

wrote:
As a follow-up to the thread on this last month, FYI I've come across
another of these sites - this one's completely free (at least, it gives
you 20 searches per week) ands as such seems rather better than the
others that were mentioned.

http://www.ourproperty.co.uk/

Is it England only?

England and Wales. It's the Land Registry's database...

- can't get any results for EH49

....which doesn't cover Scotland. I assume because of the different legal
system Scotland will have its own registry of some sort.

Colin
Lobster

wrote:

As a follow-up to the thread on this last month, FYI I've come across
another of these sites - this one's completely free (at least, it gives
you 20 searches per week) ands as such seems rather better than the
others that were mentioned.

http://www.ourproperty.co.uk/

Is it England only? - can't get any results for EH49

Yes it is only the southern part of the UK.

Well it works fine for Cheshire...!

However you can go to www.myhouseprice.co.uk and it genuinely does
cover all of the UK.

Yes, that was raised last time, but you have to pay, as you do with all
the others AFAICS.

David

Owain

"Colin Blackburn" wrote
| Geo wrote:
| Is it England only?
| England and Wales. It's the Land Registry's database...
| - can't get any results for EH49
| ...which doesn't cover Scotland. I assume because of the different legal
| system Scotland will have its own registry of some sort.

Scotland has had a *public* centralised land registry, the Register of
Sasines, since 1617. In case you don't have a copy of the Acta
Parliamentorum Regis Jacobi Sexti to hand allow me to quote from the Record
Edition for the Parlimaent at Edinburgh, 27 May cap.16.:

anent the Registratione of reuersiones Seasinges and vtheris writis...
considdering the gryit huyrt sustened by his Maiesties Liegis by the
fraudulent dealing of parities who having annaliet their Landis and ressauit
gryit soumes of money thairfore Yit be their vnuist conceiling of some
provat Right formarlie made by thame renderith subsequent alienatioun done
for gryit soumes of money altogidder vnproffitable whiche can not be avoyded
vnless the saidis privat rightis be maid publict and patent to his hienes
leigis FOR remedie whereoff and of the manye Inconvenientis whiche may ensew
thairupon HIS maiestie which aduyis and consent of the estaittis of
Parliament statutes and ordanis That thair salbe ane publick Register In the
which all Reuersiounes regresses bandis and writtis for making of
reuersiounes or regresses assignatiounes thairto dischargis of the same
renunciationes of wodsettis and grants off redemptioun and siclyik all
instrumentis of seasing salbe registrat ... and to the effect the said
register may presentlie and in all tyme cuming be the moir faithfullie
keipit

Although the act was part repealed by 6 Ed. 7c. 38 the above text remained
law in 1907 and is AIUI still of statutory effect.

Referring to the Acta Parliamentorum Guliemi

that no seasine or other writt or diligence appointed to be Registrat shall
be of any force or effect against any but the granters and their heirs
unless it be duely booked and insert in the Register.

and moreover (Acta Parliamentorum Guliemi et Mariae, Edinburgh, 18 April
1693 cap. 23 [1693 cap 14 in the 12mo edition]

that all Keepers of the said Registers shall keep Minute Books of all Writs
presented to them to be registrate in their severall Registers ... and that
the Writs shall be registrate exactly conform to the Order of the said
Minute Book All under the pain of Deprivation of the Keeper of the Register
And further Their Majestoies with consent forsaid Declare the saids Keepers
not pbserving the premises lyable to the damage of the parties prejudged by
the not due observing of this present Act

Owain

Bolted

Yes, that was raised last time, but you have to pay, as you do with all
the others AFAICS.

David

Nethouseprices, or whatever it is called, is now free full-stop, I think.
Mike

wrote in message
Is it England only? - can't get any results for EH49

Yes it is only the southern part of the UK.

Well it works fine for Cheshire...!

Which according to my atlas of the UK is well into the southern part

Are you saying I'm a southerner ?

And if so, why is it known as the North West ?

Geo

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 23:13:03 -0000, "Mike" wrote:

Are you saying I'm a southerner ?

And if so, why is it known as the North West ?

That's the north west of england not the uk - which can be /very/ annoying when
listening to weather forecasts and they use directions without any reference
point.

From South East Scotland
Geo
S Viemeister

Geo wrote:

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 23:13:03 -0000, "Mike" wrote:

Are you saying I'm a southerner ?

And if so, why is it known as the North West ?

That's the north west of england not the uk - which can be /very/ annoying when
listening to weather forecasts and they use directions without any reference
point.

From South East Scotland

Those of us in Sutherland can get _very_ annoyed at that!

Sheila

Mike Barnes

In uk.d-i-y, S Viemeister wrote:
Geo wrote:
That's the north west of england not the uk - which can be /very/
annoying when
listening to weather forecasts and they use directions without any reference
point.

From South East Scotland

Those of us in Sutherland can get _very_ annoyed at that!

Believe me, so can those of us in North West England.

--
Mike Barnes