West Midlands, UK.

Default USB PRINTERS

Has anyone had the problem with these USB printers like the C42, C44 or C46,
that when you format your computer, and then install you printer, it tend to
pick LPT for its output, when it should be the USB port, and trying to
resolve it takes ages, and everytime I have to do a format, the same thing
happen again and again.
But if I format the drive, and take the ( backup )battery out of the
computer, then replace it, set the time etc;, then put on windows, it find
its USB port immediately like the first time.
Friend, who have run computer for years, who have done computer engineering,
still can't understand it, neither can I.
I wish they still sold the old parallel port printers, they were easy to set
up, every.
The LPT! is used buy the scanner.

ANYONE ELSE HAVE THE SAME PROBLEMS WITH USB PRINTERS ???
I can only receive Plain Text, not HTML, I like it that way.
I don't buy any items outside the UK.
I'm not interested in any state lotteries from any country,
if I've won just send the money, other wise "Go to hell"
=============================
If your asking me to phone you, the phone does not
allow 07??, 08??, & 09?? numbers to be dialled, THANK YOU !
===========================
If your a friend, you will respect me as a friend.
===========================
I do not want a Business partnership, with anyone offering
??000000 million dollars $, especially from Africa or Holland,
or connected to: . Not interested in any Business Partnership
from any country, offering 1000 plus $ etc;
============================
And I do not wish to be directed to your Web-Page,
to see you on Web-Camera, as most are dead ends.
=====================
I GET MY MEDICINES FREE.....!.....Thanks

Grunff

West Midlands, UK. wrote:

snip crap

ANYONE ELSE HAVE THE SAME PROBLEMS WITH USB PRINTERS ???

What the hell are you on about, and what kind of a sig is that??

--
Grunff
brugnospamsia

"West Midlands, UK." wrote in message
k...
[...]

typical windows-type problem - had same trouble a few weeks ago with a
colleague's laptop (W98) that had decided to stop recognising his USB CD
drive - uninstalled and reinstalled everything. Drive worked straight away
on another (Win2K) machine. The USB printers on my office machine (Win2K)
periodically "vanish" - though haven't had to do anything more drastic than
re-boot ...

John Rumm

West Midlands, UK. wrote:

Can't say I have noticed this problem...

But if I format the drive, and take the ( backup )battery out of the
computer, then replace it, set the time etc;, then put on windows, it find
its USB port immediately like the first time.

Sounds like this is a ACPI / PnP aware BIOS issue. The port
configuration (along with assignments for expansion cards etc) is stored
by the PC in a battery backed part of the CMOS. If you re-install
windows there is a fair chance that the configration of the peripheral
devices will end up different from how it was.

You can probably get the same "clensing" effect by selecting the erase
ESCD option in the BIOS screen.

--
Cheers,

John.

Philip Stokes

In message ,
brugnospamsia writes

typical windows-type problem - had same trouble a few weeks ago with a
colleague's laptop (W98) that had decided to stop recognising his USB CD
drive - uninstalled and reinstalled everything. Drive worked straight away
on another (Win2K) machine. The USB printers on my office machine (Win2K)
periodically "vanish" - though haven't had to do anything more drastic than
re-boot ...

Try disabling "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"
in the relevant USB root hub properties.

Christian McArdle

Has anyone had the problem with these USB printers like the C42, C44 or
C46,
that when you format your computer, and then install you printer, it tend

pick LPT for its output, when it should be the USB port, and trying to
resolve it takes ages, and everytime I have to do a format, the same thing
happen again and again.

I find USB and Windows XP annoying. It seems to think that if you plug a
device into a different hole, it is a completely different device. So, I
unplug the printer, and plug it back in, I can't remember which of 8 holes
it was in originally. Then it says "new device detected" and installs it
onto yet another USB port. I end up with about 5 identical "printers"
installed. Only one works, usually not the one that has been selected to be
shared on the network. I gave up in the end and bought a USBWifi converter
and don't let USB printers anywhere near a computer.

Christian.

Tim S

On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 13:25:31 +0000, Christian McArdle wrote:

[...]

I've come across that with other USB devices. XP is brain-dead in this
respect. This is definitely one area that Linux + CUPS print-server is
infinitely more intelligent.

Cheers

Tim
Dave Stanton

On Tue, 08 Feb 2005 20:15:38 +0000, Grunff wrote:

West Midlands, UK. wrote:

snip crap

ANYONE ELSE HAVE THE SAME PROBLEMS WITH USB PRINTERS ???

What the hell are you on about, and what kind of a sig is that??

One that is ****ing people off ?

Dave

again
in the future!!
Andrew Chesters

Tim S wrote:
[...]

One of our IT bods raised an issue the other day. I've not seen it
myself, but it seems that in similar circumstances XP can cripple USB
memory sticks (I know, that name is Sony specific, but you know the
things I mean!) Not only does XP forget what the stick is, but
something on the stick (TOC?) gets corrupted too!

Andrew
Lurch

On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 21:30:34 +0000, Andrew Chesters
strung together this:

One of our IT bods raised an issue the other day. I've not seen it
myself, but it seems that in similar circumstances XP can cripple USB
memory sticks (I know, that name is Sony specific, but you know the
things I mean!) Not only does XP forget what the stick is, but
something on the stick (TOC?) gets corrupted too!

Sounds about right, and people wonder what I've got against that
steaming pile of ****e.
--

SJW

Printer dilemma .. T i m UK diy 62 February 8th 05 02:38 PM
GREATE MANUAL TO DESASSEMBLY AND REPAIR NEARLY ALL PRINTERS batteryman Electronics Repair 1 September 29th 04 07:54 PM
For Sale!!! Brand New $ 50.00 EPSON C84 Ink Jet, Photo Printers 825! [email protected] Metalworking 0 July 7th 04 05:24 PM
Epson printer with Ink dry! Anthony Electronics Repair 27 April 29th 04 07:01 AM
Epson Stylus 500 Bob Shuman Electronics Repair 17 September 21st 03 11:05 PM