Christian McArdle

Has anyone had the problem with these USB printers like the C42, C44 or
C46,
that when you format your computer, and then install you printer, it tend

pick LPT for its output, when it should be the USB port, and trying to
resolve it takes ages, and everytime I have to do a format, the same thing
happen again and again.

I find USB and Windows XP annoying. It seems to think that if you plug a
device into a different hole, it is a completely different device. So, I
unplug the printer, and plug it back in, I can't remember which of 8 holes
it was in originally. Then it says "new device detected" and installs it
onto yet another USB port. I end up with about 5 identical "printers"
installed. Only one works, usually not the one that has been selected to be
shared on the network. I gave up in the end and bought a USBWifi converter
and don't let USB printers anywhere near a computer.

Christian.