Junior Member

Default Cheap 1/2" routers

A mate informed that www.protrade.co.uk have two good routers going cheap. I may be in the market for one of these soon as I am doing the kitchen. The Ryobi for £233 and a Makita for £280. They give a worktop jig "free" with these routers. Normally they are about £100. This means the Ryobi is £133, and the Makita £180 which is cheap for such routers.

The usual disclaimer. I have no connection with Protrade.
John Rumm

Hands On wrote:

A mate informed that www.protrade.co.uk have two good routers going
cheap. I may be in the market for one of these soon as I am doing the
kitchen. The Ryobi for ï½£233 and a Makita for ï½£280. They give a worktop
jig "free" with these routers. Normally they are about ï½£100. This means
the Ryobi is ï½£133, and the Makita ï½£180 which is cheap for such routers.

Having said that if you only pay 20 quid for the jig rather than 100,

http://www.toolstation.com/search.html?searchstr=63274

and say another 20 for the cutter set, that makes the real price of the
Makita 240, or getting on for 20 more than it would cost at Lawson HIS ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.

Cheap laser line for tiling ? Andy Dingley UK diy 10 January 25th 05 02:19 PM
Cheap UPS's Vortex3 UK diy 7 October 4th 04 08:02 AM
Cheap drills Simon Pleasants UK diy 11 June 22nd 04 12:17 AM
A new low in cheap tools? Mickey Feldman Metalworking 35 February 15th 04 03:37 AM
Cheap tools Maxprop Woodturning 0 February 8th 04 04:55 PM