Junior Member

Default potterton prima 30F

Hiya All

could do with a little help if anyone is knowledgable on circuit boards in boilers, I have narrowed down a fault on a Potterton prima 30F boiler to the PCB I think, I have attached a picture of the PCB (if the picture upload worked) the arrow goes to an item that seems to be at fault. The boiler gets itself ready to go the fan kicks in and then it just shuts down however with a very very slight tap on the edge of the PCB it does fire up but not before this little gizmo in purple has emitted a blue spark once or twice dependant on the number of times it takes to light, my question is should this be doing this, sparking that is, or is it more likely a relay that has failed and my tapping the board is jolting it into action.

Thanks in advance
Mark
Attached Images
File Type: jpg boiler 0031.jpg (30.2 KB, 413 views)
RedOnRed

"itstoshort" wrote in message

Hiya All

could do with a little help if anyone is knowledgable on circuit boards
in boilers, I have narrowed down a fault on a Potterton prima 30F boiler
to the PCB I think, I have attached a picture of the PCB (if the picture
upload worked) the arrow goes to an item that seems to be at fault. The
boiler gets itself ready to go the fan kicks in and then it just shuts
down however with a very very slight tap on the edge of the PCB it does
fire up but not before this little gizmo in purple has emitted a blue
spark once or twice dependant on the number of times it takes to light,
my question is should this be doing this, sparking that is, or is it
more likely a relay that has failed and my tapping the board is jolting
it into action.

Thanks in advance
Mark

The amount of forums and places i've seen people needing a new PCB for their
Potterton boiler.

They should come with a free PCB.

|Filename: boiler 0031.jpg |
|Download: https://www.diybanter.com/attachments/uk-diy/62-potterton-prima-30f-boiler-0031-jpg |

itstoshort

raden

In message , itstoshort
writes

Hiya All

could do with a little help if anyone is knowledgable on circuit boards
in boilers,

Er ... yes

I have narrowed down a fault on a Potterton prima 30F boiler
to the PCB I think, I have attached a picture of the PCB (if the
picture
upload worked) the arrow goes to an item that seems to be at fault. The
boiler gets itself ready to go the fan kicks in and then it just shuts
down however with a very very slight tap on the edge of the PCB it does
fire up but not before this little gizmo in purple has emitted a blue
spark once or twice dependant on the number of times it takes to light,
my question is should this be doing this, sparking that is, or is it
more likely a relay that has failed and my tapping the board is jolting
it into action.

It's a spark gap, it sparks that's it's function in life. It's part of
the ignition circuit.

The fault you describe could be due to the relay (which you can't get
hold of) or a zener diode or a capacitor.

You want to look at my website www.cetltd.com

Thanks in advance
Mark

|Filename: boiler 0031.jpg |
|Download: http://www.diybanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=62 |

itstoshort

--
geoff

Replacing my Potterton EP2000 boiler controller with a Horstmann - wiring question ? JE UK diy 15 July 24th 05 06:25 PM
Potterton Prima F 40 fault Mani UK diy 4 February 22nd 05 12:30 PM
Potterton EP2002 Controller Graeme UK diy 1 January 4th 05 09:45 PM
20" Prima tv model:XT-2079BM Sidney Electronics Repair 6 April 9th 04 06:00 PM
Potterton overheat steve_m UK diy 5 February 17th 04 04:28 PM