Sidney

Default 20" Prima tv model:XT-2079BM

20" Prima tv model:XT-2079BM,base model:XT-2079,year:June 2002,UL
listed:32KJ,"made in Cheap Communist China".
Problems:

1)No remote control functions (the remote IR pulse is present at the
micro)
2)No sound from tuner input
3)No sync from tuner input
4)When using RCA output jacks to connect signals to another monitor/tv
there is audio but no picture (black screen)
5)with RCA input jacks sound is present but picture is black & white
and when switching back to tuner mode the signal from the AV (RCA
inputs) jacks is carried back into any tuner channel with volume but
black & white screen

According to a Prima tech:

Prima Canada
5900 No.3 Rd,Suite 750
Richmond,British Columbia V6X 3P7
Canada
Tel: 1-866-447-7462
Fax: (parts)604)821-9919 Ali (Ext 113)

the micro would cause no remote control functions and entering the
EEPROM and changing the "video input" parameter from "7" to "1" will
restore the factory default setting and restore all the other problems
but I replaced both parts and still same problems and I still cannot
access the service mode:

While tv is on with remote press:

Sleep
Mute
Display
Menu

I replaced the following parts:

N701=Micro=LC86323A=LC863232A-5S46MDO=Prima # 352-86323-60=$20.64
N702=EEPROM=AT24C04=Prima # 352-24040-50=$4.05
Shipping=$6.75
Tax (15% HST)=$4.72
Total=$36.16

And problem still there,before replacing those parts I checked the
ripple ac voltages on the electrolytics and of course the dc voltages
around the micro and jungle IC along with the micro and nothing.
Note: this tv using the following other parts:

N101=Jungle IC=tv color processor IC=LA76814K=Toshiba # BZ61103=Apex #
CHICS00033
Flyback # (BSC)25-N1509
Yoke # QPC-E5403
N401=LA7830
V504=2SC4429

This tv's in Canada are sold by Future Shop and Superstore.Anyone have
any common repair tips?,thanks in advance.

Sidney
Dartmouth,Nova Scotia
Canada
john

Prima has a Tech !!!

No way!!

Junk it Sidney or pass on it...

total crap

jmo

kip

john

Prima has a Tech !!!

No way!!

Junk it Sidney or pass on it...

total crap

jmo

kip

Tom MacIntyre

On Thu, 8 Apr 2004 16:25:04 -0400, "john"
wrote:

Prima has a Tech !!!

No way!!

Junk it Sidney or pass on it...

total crap

jmo

kip

John, I was a Prima tech as well when I was doing repair work, and
they are not junk, or at least weren't/didn't seem to be when I worked
on them. The repair for the CRT spit-back problem involved the
installation of three reverse biased (from the CRT cathodes) diodes
back to the jungle IC's CRT drives.

Tom