James Salisbury

Default Immersion elements.

Hi,

Is it still legal to sell an Immersion for a cylinder with stat only, no
cutout?

John

"James Salisbury" wrote in message
Hi,

Is it still legal to sell an Immersion for a cylinder with stat only, no
cutout?

Dont think they have been actually banned (yet) but as long as the system
they are to be fited to is open vented I can't see a problem. The
availability of single stat immersions seems to have dwindled to zero at the
wholesalers I use but there doesn't seem to be much of a financial penalty
for having a second stat in the box.

Aidan

James Salisbury wrote:
Hi,

Is it still legal to sell an Immersion for a cylinder with stat only,

no
cutout?

I don't think so, but no hard data to hand. Have you been sold one?

Christian McArdle

Is it still legal to sell an Immersion for a cylinder with stat only, no
cutout?

I don't think so, but I think it would be an excellent idea. Single stat
thermostats are so dangerous, it scares me.

Christian.

Aidan

Christian McArdle wrote:

I don't think so, but I think it would be an excellent idea. Single

stat
thermostats are so dangerous, it scares me.

Yes, agree.

I'm curious as to whether it might be someone selling old (and
worthless) stock to unwary punters. I think the revised regulations
allowed a 'grace period' for stockists to shift the old-type non-reset
single-stat thermostates. I don't recall when that expired.

James Salisbury

"Aidan" wrote in message
oups.com...

Christian McArdle wrote:

I don't think so, but I think it would be an excellent idea. Single

stat
thermostats are so dangerous, it scares me.

Yes, agree.

I'm curious as to whether it might be someone selling old (and
worthless) stock to unwary punters. I think the revised regulations
allowed a 'grace period' for stockists to shift the old-type non-reset
single-stat thermostates. I don't recall when that expired.

I suspect so too, the price list is up in a shop that still has a Manager's
special Mercury Smart socket for a bargin price of £49.95!!