Default DrEvil Drivel

This thread is for links to classic examples of DrEvil/IMM's drivel. In
future you can just posta link to this thread on google as a time
saving reply.

Link 1:

http://tinyurl.com/453nz

or

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...08041d851d828e

NT

Doctor Evil

wrote in message
ps.com...

This thread is for links to classic examples of DrEvil/IMM's drivel. In
future you can just posta link to this thread on google as a time
saving reply.

Link 1:

http://tinyurl.com/453nz

That is a brillant link. Makes you out to be the idiotic prat you are.

You do actually think what you say is correct. Sad but true.

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download
Aidan

Doctor Evil wrote:

This know-it-all Scots fool is at it too. The one who thought he knew

about
commercial boiler backend protection, but clearly didn't have a clue.

Nyuck, nyuck, nyuck!

John Rumm

This thread is for links to classic examples of DrEvil/IMM's drivel. In
future you can just posta link to this thread on google as a time
saving reply.

Link 1:

http://tinyurl.com/453nz

or

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...08041d851d828e

How about where he learnt from Dave how to wire a light switch?

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...27ff26bfff3 9

How about the failure to find a 100L bath in spite of them being so
widely available as to be "average":

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...cfcf4696768767

--
Cheers,

John.

Aidan

Try;

http://tinyurl.com/42ke4

Courstesy of an Andy Hall post.

Doctor Evil

"Aidan" wrote in message
oups.com...

Aidan wrote:
wrote:
This thread is for links to classic examples of DrEvil/IMM's

drivel.

What a splendid idea.

The classic hacksaw-to-cut-plastic-pipe-because-IMM/Dr.
Drivel-knows-better-than-all-the-manufacturers thread requires an
immediate mention.

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...f5441582,cc19b
bc8fc354a7f,

Appalling manufacturing. Appalling. You obviously can't see this not being
that bright.

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download
Doctor Evil

"John Rumm" wrote in message

This thread is for links to classic examples of DrEvil/IMM's drivel. In
future you can just posta link to this thread on google as a time
saving reply.

Link 1:

http://tinyurl.com/453nz

or

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/.../e1f083ec314ab
7c3/7608041d851d828e?_done=%2Fgroup%2Fuk.d-i-y%3F&_doneTitle=Back+to+topics&
_doneTitle=Back&&d#7608041d851d828e

How about where he learnt from Dave how to wire a light switch?

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/.../e80b037c26dc5
ffa/181e27ff26bfff39?q=group:uk.d-i-y+adam+intermediate+switch&_done=%2Fgrou
ps%3Fq%3Dgroup:uk.d-i-y+adam+intermediate+switch%26start%3D0%26scoring%3 Dd%2
6&_doneTitle=Back+to+Search&&d#181e27ff26bfff39

Oh you are a thicko. They were questions to add value to the OP.

What other crap is this third worlder coming out with..

How about the failure to find a 100L bath in spite of them being so
widely available as to be "average":

100 litres is the average bath sonny boy. Get used to it.

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download

Doctor Evil

"Aidan" wrote in message
ps.com...

Doctor Evil wrote:

This know-it-all Scots fool is at it too. The one who thought he knew

about
commercial boiler backend protection, but clearly didn't have a clue.

Nyuck, nyuck, nyuck!

Nice response. Fitting.

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download
John Rumm

This thread is for links to classic examples of DrEvil/IMM's drivel. In
future you can just posta link to this thread on google as a time
saving reply.

How about where he demonstrates his lack of grasp of control theory is
on par with his lack of grasp of physics:

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...55647100fe03b3

(although to be fair, I have seen more recent posts where he has
regurgitated some of what he was taught here).

--
Cheers,

John.

Mike Hibbert

This thread is for links to classic examples of DrEvil/IMM's drivel. In
future you can just posta link to this thread on google as a time
saving reply.

Link 1:

http://tinyurl.com/453nz

or

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...08041d851d828e

NT

It's amazing, I can remember coming on this usenet group to get some
practical advice on DIY rather that a character assasination of someone
who has helped me out on a couple of occasions.

If you has a fight with IMM, be a man, visit him personally and sort it
out, otherwise take your childlike spite, and try another ng.
John Rumm

Mike Hibbert wrote:

It's amazing, I can remember coming on this usenet group to get some
practical advice on DIY rather that a character assasination of someone
who has helped me out on a couple of occasions.

If it saves on the number of posts that have to be made correcting the
fool, then we all benefit...

If you has a fight with IMM, be a man, visit him personally and sort it
out, otherwise take your childlike spite, and try another ng.

Ow come on, he is hardly worth arguing with, let alone spanking.

--
Cheers,

John.

Doctor Evil

"Mike Hibbert" wrote in message

It's amazing, I can remember coming on this usenet group to get some
practical advice on DIY rather that a character assasination of someone
who has helped me out on a couple of occasions.

If you has a fight with IMM, be a man, visit him personally and sort it
out, otherwise take your childlike spite, and try another ng.

They are jealous of my fabulous good looks.
http://tinyurl.com/7y8y4

...................and my superior brainpower.

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download

Roger

The message
from "Doctor Evil" contains these words:

100 litres is the average bath sonny boy. Get used to it.

Hey, progress for once. Only last week DrivEl was still rabbitting on
about a 80 - 100 litre range and calling it an average. He is still
wrong of course but at least he now accepts that a range is not an
average, but sadly not that the average of that particular range is not
100 but 90l and the real average or baths perhaps twice that figure.

--
Roger
Doctor Evil

"Roger" wrote in message
k...
The message
from "Doctor Evil" contains these words:

100 litres is the average bath sonny boy. Get used to it.

Hey, progress for once.

snip trolling

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download
John Rumm

Doctor Evil wrote:

They are jealous of my fabulous good looks.
http://tinyurl.com/7y8y4

..................and my superior brainpower.

Yes true.... then again I don't think you look "all that" once the
makeup comes off:

http://www.internode.co.uk/temp/imm.jpg

--
Cheers,

John.

Roger

The message
from "John" contains these words:

Has anyone mentioned the latent heat one yet?

It ought to be reposted and included just for good measure

Someone mentioned it as appearing in a different ng without quoting
either the ng or the actual content. Google has tracked down that
original post.

Newsgroups: alt.hvac
From: "Adam" -
Date: 2000/01/13
Subject: Latent Heat

Can anyone explain this simply.

cheers

Roger
Doctor Evil

"Roger" wrote in message
k...
The message
from "John" contains these words:

Has anyone mentioned the latent heat one yet?

Tom, you are making things uop again.

snip irrelevant babble

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download
Doctor Evil

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Doctor Evil wrote:

They are jealous of my fabulous good looks.
http://tinyurl.com/7y8y4

..................and my superior brainpower.

Yes true....

Nice to know you are learning.

PS

How is the third world today?

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Doctor Evil wrote:
Our fishman boiler man didn't know anything about condesning boioers

Perhaps you'd tell us what a 'condesning boioer' is?

I've Googled, but come up with nothing.

--
*If I throw a stick, will you leave?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Aidan

Doctor Evil wrote:

Tom, you are making things uop again.

That would be;
http://tinyurl.com/643y7

That was pre-Dr. Evil, Pre-IMM, when he was calling himself Adam.

Nothing wrong with his asking for an explanation of latent heat. It's
just seems inconsistent with his claimed expertise and experience in
HVAC.

Where was the thread where he demonstrated his ignorance of pump head
and flow-rate?

John

"Aidan" wrote in message
oups.com...

Doctor Evil wrote:

Tom, you are making things uop again.

That would be;
http://tinyurl.com/643y7

That was pre-Dr. Evil, Pre-IMM, when he was calling himself Adam.

Nothing wrong with his asking for an explanation of latent heat. It's
just seems inconsistent with his claimed expertise and experience in
HVAC.

Where was the thread where he demonstrated his ignorance of pump head
and flow-rate?

And so it goes on. Perhaps these gems should be collected together and
included in the uk d-i-y faq with a specific warning to beware of "any"
advice from this source to warn any newbies of the possible errata which
WILL by definition be included in the sense of any thread he contributes to.
A more selective and easier to assess source of his produce than any other

On 6 Feb 2005 04:48:08 -0800, "Aidan" wrote:

Where was the thread where he demonstrated his ignorance of pump head
and flow-rate?

URL:http://www.google.co.uk/groups?hl=en&lr=&threadm=Zfte4.38065%24E36.464209% 40news2-hme0&rnum=1&prev=/groups%3Fq%3Dg:thl1690279468d%26dq%3D%26hl%3Den%26 lr%3D%26selm%3DZfte4.38065%2524E36.464209%2540news 2-hme0

Linear speed in cubic metres a second, anyone????

That thread also included this classic quote from Adam:
Just a point. Underfloor heating does not use Polybuyelene pipe, as Hep2o
is. It uses santoprene and PEX.

which prompted the reply from Hepworth Plumbing:

Just to clarify, Polybutylene is very widely used for underfloor
heating applications, and for comfort cooling (chilled beams).

Dave Shepherd
raden

In message , Mike Hibbert
writes

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...hread/e1f083ec
314ab7c3/7608041d851d828e?_done=%2Fgroup%2Fuk.d-i-y%3F&_doneTitle=Back+
to+topics&_doneTitle=Back&&d#7608041d851d828e
NT

It's amazing, I can remember coming on this usenet group to get some
practical advice on DIY rather that a character assasination of someone
who has helped me out on a couple of occasions.

If you has a fight with IMM, be a man, visit him personally and sort it
out, otherwise take your childlike spite, and try another ng.

Don't be a tosser

If you want to try another NG, be my guest, us regulars (as opposed to
johnny come latelys ) are quite comfortable here, why should we move ?

You want to visit him personally ? Good luck, unlike some of us, he does
his best to hide his identity

--
geoff

Doctor Evil

"raden" wrote in message
In message , Mike Hibbert
writes

It's amazing, I can remember coming on this usenet group to get some
practical advice on DIY rather that a character assasination of someone
who has helped me out on a couple of occasions.

If you has a fight with IMM, be a man, visit him personally and sort it
out, otherwise take your childlike spite, and try another ng.

Don't be a tosser

Maxie, he isn't.

If you want to try another NG, be
my guest, us regulars

Maxie, he is saying the trolls and looies should go. He is quite right, as
they add nothing to the group.

Now you know Maxie.

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download
Doctor Evil

"raden" wrote in message
In message , Doctor Evil
writes

wrote:

It's amazing, I can remember coming on this usenet group to get some
practical advice on DIY rather that a character assasination of someone
who has helped me out on a couple of occasions.

If you has a fight with IMM, be a man,
visit him personally and sort it
out, otherwise take your childlike spite,
and try another ng.

They are jealous of my fabulous good looks.
http://tinyurl.com/7y8y4

..................and my superior brainpower.

I really think not

Maxie this is certainly the case.

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download
Doctor Evil

wrote in message

Just a point. Underfloor heating
does not use Polybuyelene pipe, as Hep2o
is. It uses santoprene and PEX.

which prompted the reply from Hepworth Plumbing:

Just to clarify, Polybutylene is very widely used for underfloor
heating applications, and for comfort cooling (chilled beams).

Anyone who uses that is a fool, it wasn't initially designed for underfloor
heating, only Hot & Cold plumbing. PEX is the best by far.

I know a site that is being fitted out in Hep2O and the fitters do not like
it. They test it to far higher test pressure than Hep state, because of the
problems they were getting. They have a very high failure rate on first fix.
When they do soldered copper they have it right first time every time, so no
going back to replace fittings and more testing and more time, and more
money.

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download
Doctor Evil

"John" wrote in message

And so it goes on.

And it does go.. .the boioer expert who really didn't have a clue about
condensing efficiencies. The thing is, when told he still was insisting
that anying over 100% was wong, and made himself out to be what he is.

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download

Roger

The message
from "Doctor Evil" contains these words:

And it does go.. .the boioer expert who really didn't have a clue about
condensing efficiencies. The thing is, when told he still was insisting
that anying over 100% was wong, and made himself out to be what he is.

It is a matter of fact that efficiency cannot exceed 100%.

It is also a matter of fact that the dishonest and devious have
deliberately adopted a stratagem in which their claimed efficiency can
exceed 100% but it doesn't really. Unlike DrivEl however the
perpetrators of this statagem know full well that the calculation they
use to establish an efficiency of over 100% is essentially bogus being
of the form (useful heat out)/(only some of the heat in) but that is way
over dIMMs head. In fact anything that actually involves calculation is
way over John B Curtis' head.

--
Roger
The Natural Philosopher

Doctor Evil wrote:

wrote in message

Just a point. Underfloor heating
does not use Polybuyelene pipe, as Hep2o
is. It uses santoprene and PEX.

which prompted the reply from Hepworth Plumbing:

Just to clarify, Polybutylene is very widely used for underfloor
heating applications, and for comfort cooling (chilled beams).

Anyone who uses that is a fool, it wasn't initially designed for underfloor
heating, only Hot & Cold plumbing. PEX is the best by far.

Oh deare. I have about 500 meters of it under my flor, and its worked
falutlesy for three years, and showed no problems at 10 bar tested.

Irts hard to see how you CAN have a problem with a conbtinuous length of
pipe laid under a floor really.

UFH temeperatures are less than hot water.
Pressure is no greater than mains system anyway.

So what is it about UFH that makes this pipe so unsuitable, and yet used
by manufacturers worldwide?

I know a site that is being fitted out in Hep2O and the fitters do not like
it. They test it to far higher test pressure than Hep state, because of the
problems they were getting. They have a very high failure rate on first fix.
When they do soldered copper they have it right first time every time, so no
going back to replace fittings and more testing and more time, and more
money.

Fittmngs are a different matter, and have nothing to do with the pipe,
and a lot to do with e.g. using a hacksaw to cut the pipe.

As you recommended I believe.

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Doctor Evil wrote:
And it does go.. .the boioer expert who really didn't have a clue about
condensing efficiencies. The thing is, when told he still was insisting
that anying over 100% was wong, and made himself out to be what he is.

Anything that was over 100% efficiency would produce more power than it
used. To anyone with half a brain cell this is impossible.

Of course as with much you and others choose to use a term you don't
understand.

--
*When cheese gets it's picture taken, what does it say?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Doctor Evil

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Doctor Evil wrote:
And it does go.. .the boioer expert who really didn't have a clue about
condensing efficiencies. The thing is, when told he still was insisting
that anying over 100% was wong, and made himself out to be what he is.

Anything that was over 100% efficiency would produce more power than it
used.

Another one who has not a clue. Only on the Internet you get this.

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download
Doctor Evil

"Roger" wrote in message
k...
The message
from "Doctor Evil" contains these words:

And it does go.. .the boioer expert who really didn't have a clue about
condensing efficiencies. The thing is, when told he still was insisting
that anying over 100% was wong, and made himself out to be what he is.

It is a matter of fact that efficiency cannot exceed 100%.

Another one who hasn't a clue about condesning boilers. Have you got bell
wire on your ring mains, like the rest of the trolls.