Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Doctor Evil wrote:

Like running 13 amp through 0.5mm wire. Only on the Internet do

you get
this.

My internet manages fine through wire rather less than 0.5mm. Nor

does it
need anything like 13 amps.

Do you understand anything electrical?

He doesnt even understand the difference between a recommendation and
describing what survived. If he thinks I at any time *recommended*
doing that he's beyond hope.

At least this thread might save us all some time with this nitwit.

NT

dmc

In article ,
John Rumm wrote:

When you completely burn gas, you create heat plus CO2 and water. The
water will be in its gaseous phase. If you condense the gaseous water
back into liquid water however, you can recover the heat released by the
condensation (i.e. the latent heat of vaporisation).

Historically boiler makers stated efficiency figures based on the
assumption that you could only recover the initial heat from the
combustion process. Thus in effect understating the energy content of
the gas.

Ah. That makes sence. It all becomes clear

Thanks for that - I understand now. I'll await Dr Drivels explanation...

I'm assuming that I'm not likely to be getting a negative gas bill if I
install one ;-)

Only in Dr. Drivel world... ;-)

Well, there are some positives about living in your own little world I
guess.

Darren

Hepworth Plumbing Products Team

"Doctor Evil" wrote in message ...

Anyone who uses that is a fool, it wasn't initially designed for

underfloor
heating, only Hot & Cold plumbing. PEX is the best by far.

Oh deare. I have about 500 meters of it under my flor,

Rip it out NOW. PEX is what you want, not some 2nd rate hot and cold piping
that the maker jumped on the bandwagon with, claiming all sorts. PEX man,
PEX!!!! Get that fitted NOW. Be very very frigtened, it will leak and your
foundations will rot.

In the USA they have banned such pipe. Polybutylene plastic pipe, is banned
in the USA because of catastrophic failures.

http://www.polybutylene.com/poly.html

A snip for you:

Throughout the 1980's lawsuits were filed complaining of allegedly defective
manufacturing and defective installation causing hundreds of millions of
dollars in damages. Although the manufacturers have never admitted that poly
is defective, they have agreed to fund the Class Action settlement with an
initial and minimum amount of $950 million. You'll have to contact the
appropriate settlement claim company to find out if you qualify under this
settlement.

"A series of reports have suggested that increased use of choloramines
accelerates corrosion and degradation of some metals and elastomers common
to distribution plumbing and appurtenances.

With regard to elastomers, the study showed that with few exceptions,
solutions of chloramines (either monochloramine or dichloramine) produced
greater material swelling, deeper and more dense surface cracking, a more
rapid loss of elasticity, and greater loss of tensile strength than
equivalent concentrations of free chlorine."
----Steven Reiber, HDR Engineering, American Water Works Association
Research Foundation

The problems in the USA with Polybutylene (PB) were generally
installation, not PB related. As the major UK manufacturer of
Polybutylene plumbing systems Hepworth Plumbing Products take a great
interest in this matter, and in over 25 years of manufacturing and
selling Hep2O & Acorn, we have not seen any of the problems
experienced in the USA.

Failures in the USA associated with Polybutylene were extensively on
large diameter cold-water installations. Independent assessment
concluded that such failures were related to metal fittings and
incorrect installations rather than pipe performance.

Other failures of Polybutylene systems were due either to the use of
acetal fittings that degraded rapidly in contact with water, or with
crimp type fittings that failed many months after the installation of
the system.

A very small number of Polybutylene system failures were on hot water
services. All failures recorded were in ringmain installations,
operating at a temperature of 70-80 deg C. Such installations are not
often encountered in the UK. Advice on the use of Hep2O in ringmain
systems is given in the Hep2O Installer Guide.

The only common factor between the failures in the USA and Hep2O is
Polybutylene, which has not, however, been identified as the cause of
system failure.

Hep2O is Kitemarked to BS 7291 and guaranteed for 50 years against
defects in materials or manufacturing. Hep2O has a design life
expectancy of over 50 years based upon the operating parameters as
shown in the following table: -

Peak Life Cycle Operating Temp/Pressure

Temperature Deg C 20 40 60 80 95

Safe Pressure-Bar 12 11 9 7 6

In addition Hep2O will withstand short malfunction at 114 Deg C at 3
Bar

Hep2O was first sold over twenty-five years ago (then known as Acorn)
and has been successfully used in many hundreds of thousands of
central heating, underfloor heating and domestic water distribution
installation since then. There have been no reported failures of
Hep2O in the manner seen in the USA in this time.

The Hepworth Plumbing Products Team
--
Tel: +44 (0)1709 856 300 |Hepworth Plumbing Products
Fax: +44 (0)1709 856 301 |Edlington Lane, Edlington
raden

In message , The Natural
Philosopher writes
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
Doctor Evil wrote:

Like running 13 amp through 0.5mm wire. Only on the Internet do you get
this.

My internet manages fine through wire rather less than 0.5mm. Nor does it
need anything like 13 amps.

Do you understand anything electrical?

Does he understand anything? Period?
Bandar Log. That's our John.

And here he is, caught in the act again!

http://www.grisby.org/burglar.html

Did someone nick the site ?

"Due to police advice, I have removed this page for now"

--
geoff
raden

In message , Doctor Evil
writes

"raden" wrote in message

Maxie, have got Dim Lin the Oriental enchantress slaving at a site?

Maxie,
a Russian was just banged up for slave labouring and all that. Don't you
have any shame?

Since you just avoided

Maxie, read my disturbing post on this stuff. BANNED in the USA. Do you
think I would recommend a dodgy product? Maxie, my oh my!

Mr Hep says otherwise ...

"Hep2O was first sold over twenty-five years ago (then known as Acorn)
and has been successfully used in many hundreds of thousands of central
heating, underfloor heating and domestic water distribution installation
since then. There have been no reported failures of Hep2O in the manner
seen in the USA in this time. "

bollock brain

--
geoff

The Natural Philosopher

raden wrote:

In message , The Natural
Philosopher writes

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
Doctor Evil wrote:

Like running 13 amp through 0.5mm wire. Only on the Internet do
you get
this.

My internet manages fine through wire rather less than 0.5mm. Nor
does it
need anything like 13 amps.

Do you understand anything electrical?

Does he understand anything? Period?
Bandar Log. That's our John.

And here he is, caught in the act again!

http://www.grisby.org/burglar.html

Did someone nick the site ?

"Due to police advice, I have removed this page for now"

They're on to him!
Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher writes:
raden wrote:

In message , The Natural
Philosopher writes

And here he is, caught in the act again!

http://www.grisby.org/burglar.html

Did someone nick the site ?

"Due to police advice, I have removed this page for now"

They're on to him!

Several of the pictures were plenty good enough to identify
the culprit with no doubt if you happened to know him, unlike
many such camera images.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Roger

The message
from Hands On contains these words:

My name is not John and I am clearly not talking to myself. You are
mixing up people. Or are you one of these trolls that pester DIY
Banter?

I am inclined to think this troll isn't dIMM. He uses a spell checker
and strings words together in coherent sentences. dIMM (aka John B
phantom hyphen Curtis, DrivEl, News, etc) cannot manage either.

--
Roger
:::Jerry::::

"Hands On" wrote in message

snip

My name is not John and I am clearly not talking to myself. You are
mixing up people. Or are you one of these trolls that pester DIY
Banter?

That's rich coming from someone using a newsgroup-to-web interface forum !..

timegoesby

Roger wrote in message . uk...
The message
from "Doctor Evil" contains these words:

snip rubbish

DrivEl you are still being the complete moron.

Unlike the garbage you tend to post

And this troll posts utter garbage. I have lurked on this forum for
many years and really don't have time to join in. Since you reappeared
with your obession over IMM the groups has gone pear shaped. There are
four people here, trolls, who clearly attempt to inflame, mainly IMM.
That is you, Plowman, Lurch and Rumm. The four of you are clearly
trolls, as you give little info worth reading and are out to disrupt.
What you are doing is against your contract with your ISP.

Either stop it or just go. Most people here don't need or want you
around.
:::Jerry::::

"timegoesby" wrote in message
om...
Roger wrote in message

. uk...
The message
from "Doctor Evil" contains these words:

snip rubbish

DrivEl you are still being the complete moron.

Unlike the garbage you tend to post

And this troll posts utter garbage. I have lurked on this forum for
many years and really don't have time to join in. Since you reappeared
with your obession over IMM the groups has gone pear shaped. There are
four people here, trolls, who clearly attempt to inflame, mainly IMM.
That is you, Plowman, Lurch and Rumm. The four of you are clearly
trolls, as you give little info worth reading and are out to disrupt.
What you are doing is against your contract with your ISP.

NO, the only person who inflames threads is IMM, other people try and
discuss, for example the recent thread about TV licences, IMM OTOH just
spouts marketing blurb and when challenged about the content of his message
he can't back his remarks up with anything more than "snip drivel" or
"snip infamous babble" etc. as replies.

Either stop it or just go. Most people here don't need or want you
around.

I suspect most people who read this group want either accurate or at lest
informed advice, not the cut and paste quotes from web sites posted with
little or no understanding of the subject, so if anyone should 'go' it
should be IMM.

What do you say IMM ?....

John Rumm

timegoesby wrote:

with your obession over IMM the groups has gone pear shaped. There are
four people here, trolls, who clearly attempt to inflame, mainly IMM.
That is you, Plowman, Lurch and Rumm. The four of you are clearly
trolls, as you give little info worth reading and are out to disrupt.

So you are saying that when Dr. Drivel posts dangerous or misleading
information to this group, it should be left there without comment or
correction?

What you are doing is against your contract with your ISP.

Unlikely.

Either stop it or just go.

Perhaps you could ask the real source of the problem to do that...

Most people here don't need or want you around.

Sorry, must have missed the point you were elected spokes person for the
group.

I find it ironic that there are currently two posts (other than this
one) on my news server from you. One reads:

"Another classic Adam/John Curtis/IMM/Dr Evil response. The house is
less than three years old and yet you rekon a good solution to the
original poster's problem is to replace the tank with a heat bank in the
loft, or replace the existing boiler with a combi. Madness, utter madness!"

So 50% of your recent contribution to this group is doing the very thing
that you complain we do. So what you appear to be saying is "do as I
say, not as I do".

--
Cheers,

John.

Roger

The message
from (timegoesby) contains these words:

snip rubbish

DrivEl you are still being the complete moron.

Unlike the garbage you tend to post

And this troll posts utter garbage. I have lurked on this forum for
many years and really don't have time to join in.

But you couldn't resist this time, could you? Just as you couldn't
resist attacking me 3 years ago when you were Adams only disciple. What
I said then still has relevance today so I will repeat it.

"IIRC you are that idiot whose
uncritical acceptance of Adam as the fount of all wisdom has done
more than most to reinforce his megalomaniacal antics."

Since you reappeared
with your obession over IMM the groups has gone pear shaped. There are
four people here, trolls, who clearly attempt to inflame, mainly IMM.
That is you, Plowman, Lurch and Rumm. The four of you are clearly
trolls, as you give little info worth reading and are out to disrupt.

Not very observant are you. While I won't blow my own trumpet the other
three all give good advice from time to time which is more than you seem
capable of.

What you are doing is against your contract with your ISP.

Oh yes? If that is the case just quote me chapter and verse and maybe I
will shut up. If you can't or won't I will continue to think of you as
all bluster and no sense whatsoever.

Either stop it or just go. Most people here don't need or want you
around.

You can only speak for yourself and just for the record I would much
prefer you to stop lurking. And if you can take that moron DrivEl with
you when you depart so much the better.

--
Roger

raden

In message , timegoesby
writes
Roger wrote in message
.uk...
The message
from "Doctor Evil" contains these words:

snip rubbish

DrivEl you are still being the complete moron.

Unlike the garbage you tend to post

And this troll posts utter garbage. I have lurked on this forum for
many years and really don't have time to join in. Since you reappeared
with your obession over IMM the groups has gone pear shaped. There are
four people here, trolls, who clearly attempt to inflame, mainly IMM.
That is you, Plowman, Lurch and Rumm. The four of you are clearly
trolls, as you give little info worth reading and are out to disrupt.
What you are doing is against your contract with your ISP.

Either stop it or just go. Most people here don't need or want you
around.

Excuse me, the people you mentioned above are all long time and
significant posters ...

unlike you, I can't even remember anything of any use which you have
ever posted

--
geoff
Member

[quote=John Rumm]timegoesby wrote:

[...]

If you had the intelligent to read the post, you will find that timegoesby never wrote what you say he did.

Timegoesby is right, the aformentioned trolls are a waste of time. I bet you booze with your mate Phil Kyle and get your jollies out of s******ing at what you did on the internet.

You lot are a disgrace.
The Natural Philosopher

timegoesby wrote:

Roger wrote in message . uk...

The message
from "Doctor Evil" contains these words:

snip rubbish

DrivEl you are still being the complete moron.

Unlike the garbage you tend to post

And this troll posts utter garbage. I have lurked on this forum for
many years and really don't have time to join in. Since you reappeared
with your obession over IMM the groups has gone pear shaped. There are
four people here, trolls, who clearly attempt to inflame, mainly IMM.
That is you, Plowman, Lurch and Rumm. The four of you are clearly
trolls, as you give little info worth reading and are out to disrupt.
What you are doing is against your contract with your ISP.

Either stop it or just go. Most people here don't need or want you
around.

My god. Adam's got a bew moniker!

The Man of Mystery is dead! Long Live Timegoesby!
John Rumm

Dr. Drivel wrote:

If you had the intelligent to read the post, you will find that
timegoesby never wrote what you say he did.

Yes in fact you are right, I owe timegoesby an apology for the incorrect
attribution.

A word of advice TGB, might be worth learning how to quote, snip and
post correctly, should you wish to not be misquoted in the future.

I stand by the rest of my post however.

bet you booze with your mate Phil Kyle and get your jollies out of
s******ing at what you did on the internet.

I thought you suffered from delusions of grandeur, not an inferiority
complex? Come on DIMM, Adam, Dr. Drivel or whatever you think your name
is today, snap out of it man, depression is not good for you. Hey why
not try that NHS you keep recommending?

--
Cheers,

John.

Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Rumm
Dr. Drivel wrote:

If you had the intelligent to read the post, you will find that
timegoesby never wrote what you say he did.

Yes in fact you are right, I owe timegoesby an apology for the incorrect
attribution.

A word of advice TGB, might be worth learning how to quote, snip and
post correctly, should you wish to not be misquoted in the future.

I stand by the rest of my post however.

bet you booze with your mate Phil Kyle and get your jollies out of
s******ing at what you did on the internet.

I thought you suffered from delusions of grandeur, not an inferiority
complex? Come on DIMM, Adam, Dr. Drivel or whatever you think your name
is today, snap out of it man, depression is not good for you. Hey why
not try that NHS you keep recommending?

--
Cheers,

John.
You should give the whole group an unreserved appology for your trolling. And you should learn to read properly. If you do not it is clear you are a Phil Kyle troll.

Some people have no shame.

:::Jerry::::

"Doctor Evil" wrote in message
news

snip

You should give the whole group an unreserved appology for your
trolling. And you should learn to read properly. If you do not it is
clear you are a Phil Kyle troll.

Some people have no shame.

LOL Talk about the pot calling the kettle black !

Perhaps IMM was just talking to or about himself yet again ?

Member

You clear described to us that you ran 13 amps through a 0.5mm cable. Someone who does that is irresponsible and should forget giving any advise on lecky. Our lecky nerd is good for that.
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Doctor Evil wrote:
You clear described to us that you ran 13 amps through a 0.5mm cable.

Are you drunk again this early? Perhaps you'd quote the post where I said
this? After all cutting and pasting is the one thing you excel at.

Someone who does that is irresponsible and should forget giving any
advise on lecky.

I'd agree with that.

Our lecky nerd is good for that.

Think you should go back to bed and sleep it off.

--
*It's o.k. to laugh during sexŒ.Œ.just don't point!

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Kaiser

"Doctor Evil" wrote in message
news Did you always forget to flush the toilet as child?

--
Doctor Evil

That explains why you're still here.

Aidan

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

They're on to him!

They got him.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/c...re/4272041.stm

By 'they', I mean the houseowner. Details of the computer system will
be posted on his website.

Doctor Evil

"Aidan" wrote in message
oups.com...

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

They're on to him!

They got him.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/c...re/4272041.stm

By 'they', I mean the houseowner. Details of the computer system will
be posted on his website.

This is old news. All he did was have a web cam email piccies to a mail
box. Simple to do, the software usually comes with the web cam.

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download

Aidan

Doctor Evil wrote:

snip drivel

He's still at liberty, then.
Bugger.

The Natural Philosopher

Aidan wrote:

Doctor Evil wrote:

snip drivel

He's still at liberty, then.
Bugger.

I'll leave that to you.

I prefer to keep my tools bright and shiny.