Jethro

Default Makita HR2020 does it have rotary stop ?

Quick question, as subject ....

What would the group recommend in that price range which *does* have rotary
stop ?

Thanks in advance

Jethro

Andy Hall

On Wed, 26 May 2004 08:40:59 +0000 (UTC), "Jethro"
wrote:

Quick question, as subject ....

What would the group recommend in that price range which *does* have rotary
stop ?

Thanks in advance

Jethro

I believe not. There is no indication that it does other than rotary
or rotary with hammer

You could look at Bosch PBH2200RE in their green DIY range - about £90

or GBH2SR from the professional range

http://diytools.com/store/detail.asp?ProductID=203

or DeWalt DW566K

both about £110.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
John Rumm

Jethro wrote:

Quick question, as subject ....

What would the group recommend in that price range which *does* have rotary
stop ?

The Makita HR2450 is a very nice bit of kit with rotostop. A tad more
powerfull than many at just under 800W as well (been able to use mine to
core bore a 4" hole though 10" of masonary)

Screwfix normally have these at about 120. I notice that Lawson-HIS have
a special offer on these at the moment though:-

http://www.lawson-his.co.uk/scripts/...hisel%20Drills

116 including a keyless chuck adaptor.

--
Cheers,

John.

MBQ

wrote:

Quick question, as subject ....

What would the group recommend in that price range which *does* have rotary
stop ?

Thanks in advance

Jethro

I believe not. There is no indication that it does other than rotary
or rotary with hammer

You could look at Bosch PBH2200RE in their green DIY range - about £90

Mine's been brilliant. A revelation after a near 20 yr old single
speed B&D hammer drill.

MBQ
John Stumbles

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Jethro wrote:

Quick question, as subject ....

What would the group recommend in that price range which *does* have

rotary
stop ?

The Makita HR2450 is a very nice bit of kit with rotostop. A tad more
powerfull than many at just under 800W as well (been able to use mine to
core bore a 4" hole though 10" of masonary)

Screwfix normally have these at about 120.

In which case it's prolly the one I've got, which I have also used for
driving my 117mm dry diamond core drill (which it does quite nicely) as well
as smaller diamond cores (38 and 52mm) although I've sometimes had more
bother with these binding in the hole where they won't turn or come out.
Maybe because I've more often been drilling in damp brick with the smaller
sizes, or maybe they've more natural tendency to bind for some reason. I
could do with more power but the price seems to go up exponentially for SDS
machines (with safety clutch - and I wouldn't go back to using one without).

John Rumm

John Stumbles wrote:

sizes, or maybe they've more natural tendency to bind for some reason. I
could do with more power but the price seems to go up exponentially for SDS
machines (with safety clutch - and I wouldn't go back to using one without).

I suppose there comes a point where it is worth buying a dedicated core
drill if you do many holes like that. I find the HR2450 to be a very
good all round drill/chisel, and a passable driver for a core bit. I
would not fancy trying a large core on something with 200W less to play
with however, which seems to be a typical power output for many of the
better 2Kg class SDS machines.

--
Cheers,

John.

noisy plumbing and no stop cock! Micko UK diy 2 April 20th 04 10:27 AM
SDS - DeWalt or Makita & Difference between SDS & SDS Plus Seri UK diy 25 March 6th 04 10:43 AM
Stop cock leaking Rich UK diy 7 September 29th 03 01:45 PM
Low water pressure and stop tap? Simom UK diy 1 July 24th 03 06:19 PM
Slow leak on compression joint - can't access stop cock The Natural Philosopher UK diy 4 July 10th 03 02:34 PM