Homer2911

Default New carpet blues

Our new wool cream carpet is luvverly, but every time we try and remove
a mark, even using water alone, we are left with a lighter patch of
carpet. 1001 carpet cleaner has the same effect. The manufacturer sent
an 'independent' assessor to do a report, but the retailer tells me
that he conluded that there was no manufacturing fault. I'll know more
when I have sight of the report. Anyone had similar problems?

EricP

On 2 Feb 2005 06:39:46 -0800, "Homer2911"
babbled like a waterfall and said:

Our new wool cream carpet is luvverly, but every time we try and remove
a mark, even using water alone, we are left with a lighter patch of
carpet. 1001 carpet cleaner has the same effect. The manufacturer sent
an 'independent' assessor to do a report, but the retailer tells me
that he conluded that there was no manufacturing fault. I'll know more
when I have sight of the report. Anyone had similar problems?

If pure water is removing the dye, then it is a manufacturing fault.

Either the wool had not been through mordant or it has not been fixed
properly.

Jim

"EricP" wrote in message
On 2 Feb 2005 06:39:46 -0800, "Homer2911"
babbled like a waterfall and said:

Our new wool cream carpet is luvverly, but every time we try and remove
a mark, even using water alone, we are left with a lighter patch of
carpet. 1001 carpet cleaner has the same effect. The manufacturer sent
an 'independent' assessor to do a report, but the retailer tells me
that he conluded that there was no manufacturing fault. I'll know more
when I have sight of the report. Anyone had similar problems?

If pure water is removing the dye, then it is a manufacturing fault.

Either the wool had not been through mordant or it has not been fixed
properly.

Or the sheep were dirty before they were sheared for your carpet.