Junior Member

Default combi boiler problems

Hi there,

I am hopeing someone may be able to haelp, B&Q ravenheat t-80 combi boiler, basically I replaced a bad joint the other day and repressurised the system up to 2.5 bar. its now be drained back to 1.25. heating no probs, domestic ho****er runs hot then cold then hot and so on. I can hear the boiler firing though it doesent seem to stay constant regardless of what opening the tap being used is on. Same problem regardless of thermastic setting and whether heating is on or off. This problem has developed since I changed the faulty joint any ideas anyone. I spoke to ravenheat and they said it could be gas pressure but would not tell me anymore.

Cheers

Dan
Christian McArdle

domestic ho****er runs

It took me a while to realise that your mail software has removed the
"offending" letters from that word!

For an answer, you'll need to say where the bad joint was. On the heating
system? On the cold mains supply? On the hot water pipework? In the gas
supply?

However, airlocks could be involved in the problem, somehow.

Christian.

Lurch

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 17:35:35 -0000, "Christian McArdle"
strung together this:

What mail software? It's those cluless ****wits at DIY banter again.
--

SJW
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannpoll
Hi there,

I am hopeing someone may be able to haelp, B&Q ravenheat t-80 combi boiler, basically I replaced a bad joint the other day and repressurised the system up to 2.5 bar. its now be drained back to 1.25. heating no probs, domestic ho****er runs hot then cold then hot and so on. I can hear the boiler firing though it doesent seem to stay constant regardless of what opening the tap being used is on. Same problem regardless of thermastic setting and whether heating is on or off. This problem has developed since I changed the faulty joint any ideas anyone. I spoke to ravenheat and they said it could be gas pressure but would not tell me anymore.

Cheers

Dan
Measure flow of water without boiler switched on to establish you have correct flow. There is a flow restrictor and a filter on the input of most combis, filter may require a clean.

Then run it full flow and check gas working pressure to prove or disprove Ravenheat.

Next check dhw thermister. Find out if it's the same part number as the heating thermister, if it is, switch the leeds and run hot tap, does boiler now stay on full flame and stay on, and does water get roasting hot? Yes, you need a new thermister.

Try those things and report back.

combi boiler too old? Julian Chance UK diy 42 January 31st 05 04:59 AM
Boiler problems Mogweed UK diy 2 January 25th 05 12:44 PM
Near death boiler + replacing a boiler David Hearn UK diy 9 January 26th 04 12:44 PM
leaking heat exchanger in combi boiler (was:Vokera Linea 24 - heatexchanger ) Reestit Mutton UK diy 19 November 19th 03 12:55 PM
Ariston STYX Combi boiler problems Sharma UK diy 5 July 15th 03 11:15 PM