Roger

Default Fridge over cooling

My Zanussi Fridge/Freezer has started running about 4 degrees colder than
usual. With the thermostat dial set to 5 it normally sits at about 5
degrees, last few days it has been nearer to zero and some food is starting
to freeze, have turned it down one notch but still the same. Any ideas??

Thanks

Roger

Brian Reay

"Roger" wrote in message
My Zanussi Fridge/Freezer has started running about 4 degrees colder than
usual. With the thermostat dial set to 5 it normally sits at about 5
degrees, last few days it has been nearer to zero and some food is
starting to freeze, have turned it down one notch but still the same. Any
ideas??

Some fridge / freezers control the fridge temp crudely- sometimes just a
flap that circulates cold air from the freezer. If the freezer isn't
controlling its temprature correctly, the fridge gets extra cold.

I'd try defrosting the freezer first- easy to do and (with some fridge
freezers we've had) may do the trick.

whats the freezer temp? Is the compressor running continuously?

NT

Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
"Roger" writes:
My Zanussi Fridge/Freezer has started running about 4 degrees colder than
usual. With the thermostat dial set to 5 it normally sits at about 5
degrees, last few days it has been nearer to zero and some food is starting
to freeze, have turned it down one notch but still the same. Any ideas??

Have you put too much in it, or left wrappers (paper or plastic)
loose reducing air flow? Air needs to circulate easily inside a
fridge, and if it can't, it's common for some areas to freeze
whilst others are too warm.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Roger

wrote in message
ups.com...
whats the freezer temp? Is the compressor running continuously?

NT

The freezer is off the scale (too low) and the freezer fan appears to be
running constantly. I have turned the dial down another notch in the fridge
and it's holding at about 4 degrees. This is two positions lower then it's
normal setting. The freezer is a frost free type. Does this point to a
faulty thermostat in the freezer?

Thanks

Roger

If both fridge and freezer sections are too cold I would very much
suspect the thermostat myself.

NT

Colin T

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message
In article ,
"Roger" writes:
My Zanussi Fridge/Freezer has started running about 4 degrees colder than
usual. With the thermostat dial set to 5 it normally sits at about 5
degrees, last few days it has been nearer to zero and some food is
starting
to freeze, have turned it down one notch but still the same. Any ideas??

Is there an evaporator in the back of the fridge (does it get frozen/wet)
or is it a full blown air system (blown air from freezer)

Colin

Built in fridge problem Peter UK diy 2 December 1st 04 04:25 PM
Integrated fridge John UK diy 3 April 29th 04 12:08 PM
Refrigerator/Freezer not cooling consistently gina Home Repair 10 March 26th 04 02:42 PM
Fridge freezer annoyance Craig Graham UK diy 2 March 23rd 04 10:12 PM
Haunted fridge Jim & Lil Home Repair 4 January 10th 04 04:36 AM