Default UHF or Wireless?

Hello all

I have an aerial splitter/amp thing (SLX??) in my loft which is powered
off the mains. The existing cables from the box to the TVs in each room
have been poked through the ceiling and surface mounted on our internal
walls, Yep very nice looking it is too! I want to change this
configuration and pipe TV/SAT/VCR/DVD etc to the other TVs in the house
and I may also want to add CCTV at a later date.

I have been researching this a bit and am still undecided on which way
to do this, not good at decisions me! I was thinking of installing a
loftbox and utilising the existing cables (Need to check type though)
but running it correctly and channeling where required and also
purchasing TVlinks to enable me to change the channel on my digibox. Am
I right in stating that if I used UHF cabling I would not be able to
get Stereo output on my other TVs?

Also what is UHF cabling is it just coax cable with different
connectors?

Anyone have any experience of the DigiSender gold and would this
accomplish everything I want it to? wireless to me seems a nice
alternative but I have also read quality can be an issue. I'm guessing
here that it's probably pretty expensive too and I would need 3
additional receivers. I saw a Philips one in Dixons @ the weekend which
was =A3100 for 1 TX and RX.

I want to be able to control the Digibox/DVD/VCR from each room and I
will have 4 additional TVs.=20

Help appreciated as usual =20

TIA

Richard

[...]

Help appreciated as usual

TIA

Richard

IME, digisenders would be a problem if you're trying to source from one
point to multiple receivers as they are very directional. If you have
the option to fit a good wired link then I think this is better,
wireless can have problems with wi-fi etc. if you're unlucky.

The Natural Philosopher

[...]

was £100 for 1 TX and RX.

I want to be able to control the Digibox/DVD/VCR from each room and I
will have 4 additional TVs.

Help appreciated as usual

The quality of a fool is measured by the amount of money he is prepared
to spend to get something for nothing.

I did the sums, and its actually cheaper to ...
- install one antenna for TV and one for radio and loft box these down
separate buffered feeds to...

.... as many TV's, digiboxes and and Hifis and radios as is necessary.
All with their own independent control.

The last thing I want is to HAVE to watch the same channel as SHE is
watching somewhere ELSE in the house. That's the WHOLE REASON I go
SOMEWHERE DIFFERENT.

There is a problem with satellite TV I accept. Possibly one can buffer
that and buy separate decoders whilst not paying an arm and a leg for
the privilege. However with freeview, there isn't much on Sky I am
prepared to pay for frankly.

TIA

Richard

Jim Backus

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 18:33:43 UTC, Lobster
wrote:

Tried one once to pipe cable/video through to the kitchen TV... worked
OK, except that it suffered badly from interference from the microwave
oven so went back to Argos pronto!

Which went back? the TV or the microwave?

--
Jim Backus OS/2 user since 1994
bona fide replies to j dot backus the circle thingy jita dot