Gel

Default Remote {IR?} signal for socket high up behind kitchen cupboards

I have a freeview digi box for kitchen located on top of kitchen
cupboards; for now is on a timer so not on all night.
Socket is very high/notvisible from floor.

Is there a device that would allow me from the floor to signal via
Infra Red perhaps, to turn on/off without having to get steps out
ie something that plugs into allocated power socket?

Thanks

Lobster

Gel wrote:
I have a freeview digi box for kitchen located on top of kitchen
cupboards; for now is on a timer so not on all night.
Socket is very high/notvisible from floor.

Is there a device that would allow me from the floor to signal via
Infra Red perhaps, to turn on/off without having to get steps out
ie something that plugs into allocated power socket?

http://tinyurl.com/6xk65 or
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?... ID=&doy=30m1
brugnospamsia

"Gel" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a freeview digi box for kitchen located on top of kitchen
cupboards; for now is on a timer so not on all night.
Socket is very high/notvisible from floor.

Is there a device that would allow me from the floor to signal via
Infra Red perhaps, to turn on/off without having to get steps out
ie something that plugs into allocated power socket?

This looks amazing at 14.99 - though I can't vouch for the quality - pity
the range is too short for my friend's garden lighting.

http://www.easylife.co.uk/servlet/Ea...&product=RA101

Gel

Thanks 4 that

brugnospamsia

"Lobster" wrote in message
Gel wrote:
I have a freeview digi box for kitchen located on top of kitchen
cupboards; for now is on a timer so not on all night.
Socket is very high/notvisible from floor.

Is there a device that would allow me from the floor to signal via
Infra Red perhaps, to turn on/off without having to get steps out
ie something that plugs into allocated power socket?

http://tinyurl.com/6xk65 or
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?... ID=&doy=30m1

I like the look of those :-)

.... although it might be a problem if the neighbours have them as well -
presumably intended for people with detached houses ....

Lurch

On 30 Jan 2005 10:09:36 -0800, "Gel"
strung together this:

I have a freeview digi box for kitchen located on top of kitchen
cupboards; for now is on a timer so not on all night.
Socket is very high/notvisible from floor.

Is there a device that would allow me from the floor to signal via
Infra Red perhaps, to turn on/off without having to get steps out
ie something that plugs into allocated power socket?

Personally, I'd just leave it plugged in.

A rather simpler method of turning it on and off would be to wire a
switch on the underside of the cupboard by dropping a cable down the
back.
--

SJW
Alan

"brugnospamsia" wrote in message
k...

"Gel" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a freeview digi box for kitchen located on top of kitchen
cupboards; for now is on a timer so not on all night.
Socket is very high/notvisible from floor.

Is there a device that would allow me from the floor to signal via
Infra Red perhaps, to turn on/off without having to get steps out
ie something that plugs into allocated power socket?

This looks amazing at 14.99 - though I can't vouch for the quality - pity
the range is too short for my friend's garden lighting.

http://www.easylife.co.uk/servlet/Ea...&product=RA101

Use X10 for the garden lighting? I'm using it to control stuff in my remote
garage including floodlights - works great.

Alan.

Markus Splenius

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 20:22:08 +0000, Lurch
wrote:

A rather simpler method of turning it on and off would be to wire a
switch on the underside of the cupboard by dropping a cable down the
back.

A long pole? :-)
Dave Plowman (News)

In article . com,
Gel wrote:
I have a freeview digi box for kitchen located on top of kitchen
cupboards; for now is on a timer so not on all night.
Socket is very high/notvisible from floor.

Mine does an infuriating and lengthy search after being totally powered
down rather than just standby. Have you checked if yours does too?

--
*The first rule of holes: If you are in one, stop digging!

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Lurch

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 12:52:02 +0000, Markus Splenius
strung together this:

A long pole? :-)

No, I'm a Yorkshireman.
--

SJW

Ric

"Lobster" wrote in message
Gel wrote:
I have a freeview digi box for kitchen located on top of kitchen
cupboards; for now is on a timer so not on all night.
Socket is very high/notvisible from floor.

Is there a device that would allow me from the floor to signal via
Infra Red perhaps, to turn on/off without having to get steps out
ie something that plugs into allocated power socket?

http://tinyurl.com/6xk65 or
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?... ID=&doy=30m1

Out of interest, does anybody know if you can get hold of infra red versions
of these from anywhere? It would be extremely handy for turning the sub
woofer for my surround on and off using my pronto remote